Who got a drone back from DJI? Wait until you read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear DJI,

WHAT exactly did you do to my drone?? It was returned to me with NO explanation. What in the heck is going on with your company can you have the decency to tell me, the owner, what went wrong and what you did to repair it? Yeah thanks, I didn't have to PAY for the repair, how kind of you considering it fell out of the air.

The body is seemingly repaired but the camera? Still damaged! The props? Thanks! You sent me back my damaged props! WHAT is going on at DJI? I swear this company makes me furious, I've had bad service before but this takes the cake. At least 3DR sent me a replacement when theirs went crazy and flew into a wall on its own.

After all the horror stories I continuously hear about DJI's customer service, it makes me wonder if I'm not better off just voiding the warranty and fixing whatever happens to it myself "in the horrible event that I manage to mess up and crash it". I know the camera and gimble is like $500. But it almost seems worth it just to not have to deal with them.

Tomlin.jpg

"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Drone Company."

So I should have a second one to fix the first one? Great! That may not be my first experience with that concept!

There concept of customer service is very much like a communist country, oh wait.

Thanks for posting. It's a good data point for people on the fence about sending in their bird. Sorry for your bad experience.

Reactions: Mick1113 and rawd
I think the demand is much greater then they anticipated and cannot keep up. Their support is not very scalable and they seem to be tied down with process. Have you called them? If so what is the next course of action?

Reactions: steveeds
Wow, u just got the word Friday after 3 weeks of waiting my P3 was finally received in. Tacair42 is making me wonder the condition mine will come back in. Hopefully when Dji returns my P3 I can trade it for erevo brushless. I'm done!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jeffreyi
They generally keep you updated through the support claim you should have made at the beginning of the process. Btw, don't get the wrong idea I'm sticking up for them. If you look at my signature those numbers represent the phantoms I bought since the start of 2014. Nobody has probably went through the type of horrific adventures I have with them.

Oh and to make matters worse, if they could be, the gold stickers that were pinched and damaged when the P3P body was wrenched apart by impact, those gold stickers they put them right back on the new body! They didn't even bother to put new ones on.

I think the demand is much greater then they anticipated and cannot keep up. Their support is not very scalable and they seem to be tied down with process. Have you called them? If so what is the next course of action?
I just got it back last night so I have not called yet.

They generally keep you updated through the support claim you should have made at the beginning of the process. Btw, don't get the wrong idea I'm sticking up for them. If you look at my signature those numbers represent the phantoms I bought since the start of 2014. Nobody has probably went through the type of horrific adventures I have with them.
Am I reading that right. You bought 5 p2v+ ? Holy Cow!!

I'm on my knees thanking God Almighty that the firmware "foul"-up happened before I showed our new P3 to our LEO classes.

I can only imagine 23 police departments and fire departments calling me up all pezzed-off because they got purchase grants on my recommendation for something that would turn into a $1,400.00 flying turd.

DJI, are you listening? You blew 23 possible sales over only one missed class demo because you treat your loyal customers like dog poop.

All true. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than deal with their service. Feels about the same

So, no complaining. In any post? Maybe we should just all post in the phantom is a flawless machine thread instead. Sheesh. People should be able to vent and voice their opinions. Their opinions are typical of the service people are getting. You can't hide that

That's not what I said. Read the Community Rules. If you want help or advice, post it. If you simply want to vent your spleen, take it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan