Who are you using to insure your DJI?

I am using Global Aerospace Insurance, it's a regular aeronautical coverage $1,000,000 liability plus it covers loss, fire, theft etc. little pricey 1100.00 per yr but I use it for my drone photography business. The FAA requires it

Reactions: grottoli
I am using Global Aerospace Insurance, it's a regular aeronautical coverage $1,000,000 liability plus it covers loss, fire, theft etc. little pricey 1100.00 per yr but I use it for my drone photography business. The FAA requires it
I'm assuming you mean 110 and not 1100!

Sirachie P3A

No, he probably means $1100. Drone insurance is expensive because of the public liability cover required. In the UK we pay £600+ for cover, although that does include £2M public liability cover which is a lot more than $1M. I'd have thought that a little on the light side as claims, in theory at least, can be "unlimited" in the case of death or serious injury.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any insurers in the UK that's not £300+
Not that I'm aware of for full commercial drone insurance including suitable public liability cover. Unfortunately, there are too few companies offering good cover at the moment and that's keeping prices high. Once a few more companies jump in to the market, prices should reduce.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sim597
No I mean $1100 it's a commercial aviation policy that's required by the FAA when you are operating under the 333 exemption

Reactions: SirAchie
No I mean $1100 it's a commercial aviation policy that's required by the FAA when you are operating under the 333 exemption
I re-read my entire exemption approval packet from the FAA, I don't see insurance mentioned. Where is it found?

When I got my exemption I was told by Gowdy Brothers, that's who I went through for the exemption, that by the time the FAA passed the next set of rules that it would be required and I thought why wait. If I'm filming and something goes wrong it's better to have it anyway. My policy not only covers the liability but also thief, crashes etc so for me it's worth the money. Yes it's expensive but you know exactly where you stand as far as insurance goes. Global Aviation is who I went through

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For clarification, the FAA does not require insurance. It's a personal call. Nice to have, but not required.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For clarification, the FAA does not require insurance. It's a personal call. Nice to have, but not required.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was wondering, that was the first time I've heard it being a requirement.

Exactly, most are just extended warranties and only cover damage or theft of items "in the home". I had to work with the insurance company to figure out the correct type of insurance I needed.

I just found the name of it. It's referred to as an "all-risk floater policy". It requires an itemized list and anything on that list is covered if it's dropped, lost, or damaged in any way, anywhere. A car could run over it and it would be covered. There are only certain instances where it would not be covered, such as acts of war, and those are explicitly listed in the policy. I currently have over $10k in photography gear covered under this type of policy and will be adding the drone.

This explains it all pretty well:
Camera and Equipment Insurance

I just called my insurance company about the same, ASI Georgia Farm Bureau and the lady told me that they do cover photography equipment but not drones! Is this because i didnt specifically tell them it has a camera on board and that there thinking its non photography related? They offer it but not for drones and i think that makes no sense. Any thoughts?

yeah ill definitely try telling them that then, when i call them back. Thanks!
I just had my Inspire 1 added to my Personal Articles Policy with State Farm with no problems at all. I did give them the serial numbers for both the craft and camera.

You can add Erie Insurance to the NO insurance policy. Which is kinda of funny, since they recently received approval to use drone for house roofing Insurance claims..

I just had my Inspire 1 added to my Personal Articles Policy with State Farm with no problems at all. I did give them the serial numbers for both the craft and camera.
nice, did they require you to provide them receipts?

nice, did they require you to provide them receipts?
They just asked for replacement value / purchase price.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hahaha, there for, you are happy, go lucky?
I do have one habit, but it's not too 'bad'.. ;-)
image.jpeg

Shame, I can't talk about it, for fear of ridicule or judgement. Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl