White House Drone Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
stevet said:
sigh, here is the pic of the drone..
B8TLor_IIAAVehG.jpg

PFFFT Prop guards..... rookie. :lol:

Is there a woodshed somewhere that we can take these idiots and beat the hell out of them? If these idiots dont stop its gonna be bad. Society loves to place the blame on inatimate objects and remove all responsability from the person who is to blame.

I thought that area would be restricted like airports though. Guess not.

ccase39 said:
Is there a woodshed somewhere that we can take these idiots and beat the hell out of them? If these idiots dont stop its gonna be bad. Society loves to place the blame on inatimate objects and remove all responsability from the person who is to blame.

I thought that area would be restricted like airports though. Guess not.

I guess it's possible that it went into a no-fly land routine and crashed.... which... would be awesome...

Kelso Kubat said:
750r said:
They need punished hard I hope they can find him toss him in jail set a stage for all the dumb a**'s that do this stupid crap . Morons :twisted:

they need to that to all you weekend warrior filmmakers on here too. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: I didn't relies you where a pro only you should fly with a cam. One day we will all be as GREAT as you :lol: :lol:
I bet instead of helping someone learn you just beat them down :roll:
If I remember right this is a flying forum not a video forum :mrgreen:

Buckaye said:
PFFFT Prop guards..... rookie. :lol:
Not really. The idiot was smart. They knew if they hit a government employee without guards, they would get an extra 20 years.

all this lock em up and throw away the key attitude is a bit harsh if it was a DJI flyaway special, if deliberate then yes, but lets get some facts first.

Part of the blame needs to be placed on manufacturers. If the stories of fly aways, bad ESC's and motors, bad firmware, and other things that can cause these things to crash through no fault of the user are in fact true then the companies are not helping the cause. It seems like they will release an update without it being completely tested in order to push more options which in turn promote sales. If some of these things, and I am not necessarily referring to DJI, are really causing crashes then the companies are not doing much to help the bad publicity. I understand that accidents happen and some products have defects but if they need to slow down a little bit and limit the mistakes it would help a whole lot. Pair that with awareness and safe practice and the FAA and government wouldn't have as much ammo.

When they get to the bottom of this, I would not be the least bit surprised that it was a person with a quad that thought a video from the air of the White House would really be neat. Their quad just got away from them. They just did not use common sense and realize you don't fly there.

worldsoutro said:
WOW, I am listening to CNN right now and they are making a huge issue about it
Leave it to CNN to create a major news event out of it. I can hear Wolf now..."BREAKING NEWS...A MAJOR THREAT to the White House. A really major event just happened."

One thing though, it does appear they are not prepared to handle something like this, should a real terrorist try to use a drone to send in a couple sticks of dynamite. They can't shoot it down or else bullets will rain down on other people in Washington. They really do need to find some better way to protect them from this kind of possible threat.

GoodnNuff said:
At least the Phantom owner took responsibility and called in to the secret service this morning. Perhaps it was a "flyaway" and he wasn't even aware it was headed over the Whitehouse?
But isn't all of DC a no fly zone? Doubtful that he was operating in an authorized location if he crashed in a tree on the White House grounds.

It was a government employee and he claims to hang lost control

ccase39 said:
They keep saying it was a government employee who owned the Phantom.

I'm guessing it was one of these snooty Ivy League frat boys who just graduated Dartmouth and got some kind of worthless "assistant to an assistant to an assistant" type of job at the White House. The kind of stupid career that will eventually lead to a cushy position as a senior govt. bureaucrat and draw a 6-figure salary from taxpayer money.

When questioned by Secret Service, his answers were probably like "Well me and Barack are like brohs and we bump fists every morning in the hallway. He said I could fly in the backyard while he was away in India." :lol:

Reports are that it was not anyone associated with the White House. But that does not narrow the field much. There are a whole bunch of government buildings immediately adjacent to the WH where some dumb *** night watchman might have brought his Phantom to work to keep from being bored to death.

We are designing a T shirt that will advocate responsible flying by owners of drones and quadcopters. Thinking of a catchy phrase that puts us in a positive light. Ill put it in the classifieds as soon as we get it up and running. I think the important thing here is that people like us, who do practice our hobby or profession responsibly come down on those who don't pretty hard.

They simply will not allow these to be flown at heads of state. This is not unexpected, but it is troubling...

If some meat-head is going to fly a drone over the White House, no regulation will stop him. You just can’t fix “stupid” or regulate “stupid”.

Khudson7 said:
worldsoutro said:
WOW, I am listening to CNN right now and they are making a huge issue about it
Leave it to CNN to create a major news event out of it. I can hear Wolf now..."BREAKING NEWS...A MAJOR THREAT to the White House. A really major event just happened."

One thing though, it does appear they are not prepared to handle something like this, should a real terrorist try to use a drone to send in a couple sticks of dynamite. They can't shoot it down or else bullets will rain down on other people in Washington. They really do need to find some better way to protect them from this kind of possible threat.

Did we hear the same news report?? That was pretty much the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20