white cable

Reaction score
I just bought a new P3A. Flies great!
There is a white cable supplied in the box that fits between the controller and my Ipad Mini 2 - no problem
Does that same cable fit between the camera out port and my PC?
The size and shape of the camera port is looks close but it's not a fit. And I hate to push too hard.

Or do I need to order another cable?
Thanks for help with such a basic question.

That is a mini USB cable and is meant to connect the two ports on your Phantom to your computer. You can also use it to connect an Android device to the remote controller.

For Apple devices, you'll need to connect a lightning cable from your device to the remote controller. Many people are using this Cambond cable because it's made well and is just the right length. I use it on all of my Phantoms.

Last edited:
My p3p came with a usb also however the OP had sucessfully comnected his ipad 2 so in his case it must be a lightening. The lightening mught go in to the gimble port but it wont be pretty.

My p3p came with a usb also however the OP had sucessfully comnected his ipad 2 so in his case it must be a lightening.
Phantoms are not shipped with a lightning cable.

Phantoms are not shipped with a lightning cable.
Perhaps one was.... The OP has said he managed to connect his Ipad with the supplied cable.

I agree its a mystery and we should expect a usb cable to be supplied.

If we disregard what should be or was supplied to the OP it seems he has a lightning cable as he has claimed to have flown it with his Ipad mini.

You probably agree a lightning cable isnt comoatable with the connector on his phantom.

You could chuck all your apple stuff, phone, tablet, and get an android. Then you can charge your phone, tablet, rc, and hook to your pc with the same cable, mini usb to usb. Now I'll just sit back and watch all the apple users gripe! LOL

Yes, the supplied cable was Apple/USB - it matches my Ipad Mini cord exactly
Problem solved - thanks everyone

Jim North, I'm curious. Are you saying you bought a brand new Phantom 3 and there was a lightning cable in the sealed Phantom 3 box?

After looking around the house, I found the mini USB cable you mentioned. It got mixed up with the Ipad Mini cable. So I was mistaken. There was a mini USB cable in the box after all. All is well.

Ah. Well, it all makes sense now. Thanks for confirming :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4