white balance

Reaction score
hello all. I am having a issue with my white balance. Not sure why but since day one when i take it out in day light the white balance is WAY off and I cant even see anything unless its up close. I did put my sunglasses over the cam face and I was able to see but then it corrected itself and went white again. I am new to this and only flew this drone about 4 times so i do not know much about it. Any info will help! I am at a loss with this thing till i figure out why the cam is the way it is.

Here is a screen shot of a video to help you better understand

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160609-195921.png
    Screenshot_20160609-195921.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 827
That's not white balance that is exposure. You're wheel on the right hand side of the controller is turned to far to the right, or you have manual settings engaged and your ISO is way too high.

Here is a screen shot of a video to help you better understand
You have the settings overexposing.
Look up in the camera data line on your screen and find the blue number.
It probably says EV+3.0 or similar.
Dial it back to EV0 with the right side thumb wheel.
i-mML2mbZ-L.png

Thank you gentlemen. I will check it out today as soon as my controller gets done charging. I do have everything on the OEM stock setting and haven't messed with anything but the white balance. Now I will be on the hunt for that blue number

Its easy to spin the wheel by accident and change your exposure settings.

The OP said he has a Standard. There is no wheel for adjusting the exposure on a Standard

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am having the opposite problem. All of my videos and even the live image from my cam on my P3S seem dark and are not as vivid as I would like. Any suggested settings? I have watched some YouTube sessions on the camera settings and have tried changing a few. It needs brightening up.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having the opposite problem. All of my videos and even the live image from my cam on my P3S seem dark and are not as vivid as I would like. Any suggested settings? I have watched some YouTube sessions on the camera settings and have tried changing a few. It needs brightening up.
Sounds like your blue number is dialed back towards -EV 3.0
Since the Standard doesn't have a thumbwheel, there must be a way to adjust this in the app.
Get it back to EV0

The OP said he has a Standard. There is no wheel for adjusting the exposure on a Standard

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Actually i just got one and went into the settings you can adjust ISO on the standard under the advanced controls. it is not easy to get to them you have to turn the control system to advanced, that means your flight controls can be changed as well so be careful that you are in camera settings. and make the changes accordingly.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj