Whistling noise?

Reaction score
What's making this annoying pitch noise? It's not the props I've tried both sets. Bearings possibly? But my P4 is only a day old. Does it need to be broken in to stop that pitch noise?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PredTeam6
Sounds like active braking doing its thing. You can turn it down a bit, many use 75-80%. Sounds normal to me.

Yes they all sound like that!
My battery drill makes strange noises as well if I just pull the trigger a tiny bit. I think it is possibly the speed controllers.

Why my p3p doesn't sound like this?

All phantoms do that

Nope, only the p4 it has a whistling noise when I move up/down/left/right. While hovering it's quieter than my P3.

Here's a new video comparing it to my P3P.

You guys are telling me this is normal???
You can hear the squeaking 100-200ft out.

Other than the buzzing and whirring, I've also wondered what that "ringing" is. When I hear buzzing in the distance, I'm waiting to hear that "ringing" which separates weedeaters and other yard tools from a Phantom.

just got back from morning flights and my 2 week old p4 has just started making that whistling noise as in the first video in this thread...i heard it after i brought bird back due for battery change and first notice it about 50ft out and descending down towards me at about 25 ft H...thought it was wierd as never heard it before ...let it hover for a while and as i moved bird sometimes couldn't hear it anymore and other times yes....interesting mine didn't start making it til now ????mmmmmm????????

It's a totally normal sound! I've had my P4 since it came out, and it's 100% the normal way a P4 sounds.

Of course it sounds different than the P3... Not every Honda Accord sounds the same.

Reactions: N017RW and Bckmstr
It's a totally normal sound! I've had my P4 since it came out, and it's 100% the normal way a P4 sounds.

Of course it sounds different than the P3... Not every Honda Accord sounds the same.

sounds good thanks

Thanks for posting. I have been noticing/wondering about the "Squeal" sound since my P4 came back from repair. As noted in both videos seems stronger when doing aggressive maneuvers.

My Phantom and 3 3DR solo's make the exact same whine/whistle noise. I even hear it on other YouTube vids.. I assume it's normal.

Reactions: dazzer
What's making this annoying pitch noise? It's not the props I've tried both sets. Bearings possibly? But my P4 is only a day old. Does it need to be broken in to stop that pitch noise?

This high pitch noise is normal on the P4. Mine has always sounded like that out of the box. You are dealing with a much more powerful motor than the P3 had. So it whines a little. Look at all of the performance you are getting vs. the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl