Which would you chose for a P3 - iPad Mini 4 Cellular or iPhone 6+ ?

Which is better to use for the Phantom 3 Display? iPad Mini Cellular or iPhone 6+

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for my Phantom 3 Advanced, which works fairly well but does lag a bit on longer flights. However, I have an opportunity to get either an iPad Mini 4 (Cellular version) or an iPhone 6+ to use instead of the Samsung Tablet. So what's best in your opinion and why? Not concerned with the cost for either the iPhone of the iPad in this case. I'm only looking for which is the better, faster and the more reliable option based on your experience. Thank you for any advice and assistance.

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for my Phantom 3 Advanced, which works fairly well but does lag a bit on longer flights. However, I have an opportunity to get either an iPad Mini 4 (Cellular version) or an iPhone 6+ to use instead of the Samsung Tablet. So what's best in your opinion and why? Not concerned with the cost for either the iPhone of the iPad in this case. I'm only looking for which is the better, faster and the more reliable option based on your experience. Thank you for any advice and assistance.
The bigger the display , the better. I use an IPhone 6 plus. Was able to download the DJI go app on an older I Pad. Haven't tried it yet, but if it works I'll go that way. The holder will not accommodate, but I'll work around that.

I have both galaxy edge 6 plus abd the ipad air, I feel better using the edge 6 plus, better display and a lot lighter than the iPad, I guess i just got used to the edge 6 plus

I have been looking at the nVidia Shield as well, but the deal I just received on the iPad or iPhone will cost me nothing to get either one, so it's down to those two choices. I am concerned with the map quality which I have read the Apple maps aren't very good, but I have zero experience with any Apple products other than what I read online, hence my cry for help.

I have a Ipad air LTE 1st GEN and a 2015 6s+ The iPad is great for a bigger screen, but the 6S is not too bad screen wise. The 6s+ performs a little better due to the a9 chip vs the a7 in the air. I will upgrade when the iPad air 3 comes out

Reactions: Damocleez
Bigger screen is better anytime. I have both but use iPad mini on RC with iPhone 6 as a backup :)

Hmm I don't understand why you need a barometer on your iPad or iPhone? It will tell you the altitude where the iPad/iPhone is, but it won't tell you the altitude where your drone is. :confused:
please read up sort of uses that an app would use for example barometer pressure used by autopilot to determine course corrections based vertically if needed in follow me mode

just checked and voted definitely ipad 4 mini - it does come with barometer for advanced height calculations at source...
Im debating now if ill get one instead of using my air 2.

please read up sort of uses that an app would use for example barometer pressure used by autopilot to determine course corrections based vertically if needed in follow me mode
I see the Autopilot uses barometer in relation to the one in Phantom to get more accurate altitude reading. I don't use Autopilot so I didn't know. Cheers.

Anyway -> iPad mini 4 - Performance - Apple

Neither after reading about overheating and all the other apple problems. My Galaxy s5 is great but small screen. The tab s is awesome I am getting a tab s2 8.4" - one of the best in daylight.

I have been looking at the nVidia Shield as well, but the deal I just received on the iPad or iPhone will cost me nothing to get either one, so it's down to those two choices. I am concerned with the map quality which I have read the Apple maps aren't very good, but I have zero experience with any Apple products other than what I read online, hence my cry for help.
Ok free definitely changes things . It might also depend on if you need a new phone as well and not just a device for your phantom .
But if you are just looking for a device for your phantom then the mini is the winner . Good luck and happy flying !!

I have both. Bigger screen is great. But my iPad is wifi only. So cellular on the 6+ makes the difference for me.

Neither after reading about overheating and all the other apple problems. My Galaxy s5 is great but small screen. The tab s is awesome I am getting a tab s2 8.4" - one of the best in daylight.

What "all other apple problems" ?

The apple devices work very well.

I did briefly use a tab S 8.4, went down the iPhone 6+ route as much better screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers