Which would be a decent starter quad

Reaction score
I have a friend sick in bed with Lyme disease. He can get up at times. I'm thinking of getting him something to play with to keep his mind active and keep the motor skills working. Need something easy to fly and can take some crashing. Price range $50- $70 perhaps-

Are you looking for something to fly indoors or outdoors?

The Syma X12 is a fun quadcopter to fly indoors (not so much outside though). It can take a beating too. You pretty much have to constantly be on the sticks though when flying it -- meaning it just doesn't hover in place for a long period of time. That would certainly make it a good contender for working out his motor skills though.

You could also look into a Hubsan. I don't think they would be as good for flying indoors though.

I say a Air Hog X4 you can whoop on it pretty hard bounce it off walls .
Best wishes to your buddy .

Unless your friend has someone to retrieve the drone when it lands upside down or gets wedged, I think you should consider spending more to get a small drone with a barometer. This lets it hold its height, otherwise hard to do indoors, especially when learning. I've been looking for a indoor practice micro drone myself, and have found only one that looks good so far, the Hubsan X4 PLUS H107C at about $100. Unfortunately it doesn't have prop guards (a necessity for indoor flying) and it seems that batteries and all other spare parts are not available right now.

Best starter I've found was a Syma x5c-1....around $50. Pretty stable, has prop graurds for indoors, a small camera/video recorded. Batteries and parts are cheap and it takes a beating. I've even waded out into the middle of a duck pond on our acreage to retrieve it while it was floating and took it back to shore and launched it again. Flew without any issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31