Which wire do I need to replace?

Reaction score
Lucky me, according to the police I am now the legal owner of a flyaway Phantom. I reported it, as well as placed a Craigslist ad letting people know I found a Phantom. Enough time has passed that it's now mine. I received a lot of emails from people who tried to claim the Phantom, and I mean a lot! No one could correctly identify what was and wasn't on the Phantom though.

The good news is that it appears to be in good overall shape, it still lights up and everything. I have no way to test it though until my friend comes into town which won't be for a few more weeks unfortunately. In the meantime I'm looking to buy what I need to have an enjoyable experience, as well as fix what appears to be a clipped wire.

Going off of the research I have been doing online, it appears that I have a Phantom V1.1 with a clipped wire. The wire seems to be brown and gray and is left of the battery pack if you are facing it. To the right of the battery pack I have what I believe is the receiver wire, with another one directly behind it. Behind the clipped wire is a long gray wire that goes to the bottom and is mounted, it is the thickest of the 3 visible.

Can someone let me know what the wire that I need to replace is, as well as what it controls? I'm super excited to start flying my own phantom, if I'm really bad at it It'll make an awesome birthday gift for my Cousin. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

This is probably the spare power wire. It is delivered with this just barely accessible through the rubber grommet where one leg of the landing skid mounts to the body. It is not damaged but shipped this way. If you need to power some extra device you can attach to this wire, otherwise just leave as is.

Thank you for such a quick reply. I guess I thought the wire was clipped because I could see the actual wiring and not just shielding. Is this the wire that I would use if I bought a gimbal down the road?

chargermeister said:
Thank you for such a quick reply. I guess I thought the wire was clipped because I could see the actual wiring and not just shielding. Is this the wire that I would use if I bought a gimbal down the road?

Yes it can power a gimbal or any accessory that can take 12v (video transmitter, lights, etc).

Can you post a pic of the wires in question so we can verify each?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl