Which video resolution to use?

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question about filming in 4K, 2.7k and 1080p on the P3P.
Playback of 4K is very jerky, less so for 2.7k and obviously better for 1080p but I don't like the video picture degradation of the lower resolutions!
Any quick fixes other than buying new computers and TV's?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like a PC upgrade is needed, no quick fixes. What are your PC specs?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll have to get back to you on that! Although it seems to play GoPro footage happily!!

Are you recording in .MOV or MP4? If you are using windows on your PC use MP4 to record in as MOV is more suitable for Macs.

Download VLC Player. I have a Mac that should be plenty fast but for some reason I get stuttering with QuickTime on 2.7 or 4K video.

VLC works flawlessly with the same videos.

I'll try that, thanks. Yeah I've got a 27" Mac and I thought that would crack it!!

Is it 'jerky' because the filesize is massive? I have a habit of compressing my videos to the same resolution/framerate/bitrate in Any Video Converter which massively cuts the file size down, doesn't eat the quality but reduces its size dramatically, thus making it easily playable in vlc/other media players.

Download VLC Player. I have a Mac that should be plenty fast but for some reason I get stuttering with QuickTime on 2.7 or 4K video.

VLC works flawlessly with the same videos.

Might be the file size, try compressing. That or its because you have a Mac. :p:p

Last edited:
What's a good programme for compressing video files without losing quality please?

What's a good programme for compressing video files without losing quality please?

I personally use Any Video Converter. I usually convert them from .mp4 to .avi at the same resolution and bitrate. No quality loss and a much smaller file size.

Other people use a program called Handbrake. I haven't tried it though.

Are you playing from the SD card or from the HD on your computer? If its the former, copy to your HD first.

Hi, just a quick question about filming in 4K, 2.7k and 1080p on the P3P.
Playback of 4K is very jerky, less so for 2.7k and obviously better for 1080p but I don't like the video picture degradation of the lower resolutions!
Any quick fixes other than buying new computers and TV's?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same issue. I traded the micro card out for a faster Scandisk Pictor 64 GB Class 10 UHS-3 and the jerkiness looks like its gone.

Having a SSD (Solid State Drive) for your media files does wonders over using an old plater-based HDD. Especially if your HDD is a slow 5400rpm drive. A quality drive with a good buffer is vital for video workstation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj