Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Which version of DJI app to use?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by MrJoe, Jul 22, 2015.

1. MrJoe

After reading here for a little while I noticed several members complaining about the latest version of the pilot app. I just bought a nexus 7(2013) and my P3A is arriving friday...my question is- should I use an older version of the pilot app until a newer one comes out? I downloaded an older version from I think it was the DJI forum. Thanks for any advice.

2. Russ

MrJoe likes this.
  3. FCPhantom

If I was you, I first check, what firmware your P3A have. If it came with 1.1.9, I would stay with DJI pilot app version 1.1.0 and FW 1.1.9.
    I have DJI Pilot version 1.1.0 and FW 1.1.9 with my P3A and it work great. I have tested version 1.2.0 with my Sony Xperia Z3, but the live video gets very laggy, when the phone gets hot. I use Nvidia Shield tablet with version 1.1.0. If your P3A came with 1.1.9 FW and it flies without issues, wait for Fw update....