Which Tablet for P3P?

Reaction score
I've read a few articles about this. Ipad, Samsung, Nvidia.... I saw someone was using a Nexus. Does anyone have an opinion, experience,.....? I know that there can be issues with DJI go app and Samsung.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm having some issues with the video, pixelation, drop out..... I don't know if it's the LightBridge or the display. I've tried 2, a Samsung S7 and a Samsung tab A 10.1, both of which are on the recommended list. Any other advice/tips would be appreciated.

I'm using an iPad Air with my P3P. Never had any problems with video feed.

Thanks to the OP for asking this. I am in the same situation, looking for a tablet. Also thank you to msinger for the link to all the devices. This is a great resource!

PhantomHelp.com *is* a great resource!

On the "me too" side - I have a Samsung Tab 4 that worked very well with the Android version of DJI GO. Mine had no phone "stuff" to go with it so I had to cache the map data, but that's really trivial. Had another tablet requirement, so I finally bought an iPad Mini 4 and ran the iOS version of the DJI GO on the iPad. Works like a champ.

My only complaint has really less to do with either device and more to do with where I live. I live about 40 miles NW of Orlando. We have about 6 - 7 months of summer here - it's been consistently in the 90s all month and that's what we'll see a lot of until maybe October (or maybe even not until November!). Both of my tablets tend to get really hot after several flights and a paucity of shade. Never have figured out a practical way to help cool either tablet. Sometimes it forces me to be more patient and take a little time off between flights.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Ipad mini 2 here. I got a refurb unit for half the original price over a year ago. You might still find them, or the newer minis as well. It fits nicely in the controller mount, and works great with Go and Litchi. I fly a P3P.

Nvidia shield $200
I've never had any control issues, but the screen is so **** reflective, nearly impossible in daylight.
Any recomendations for an anti-glare screen cover?

PhantomHelp.com *is* a great resource!

On the "me too" side - I have a Samsung Tab 4 that worked very well with the Android version of DJI GO. Mine had no phone "stuff" to go with it so I had to cache the map data, but that's really trivial. Had another tablet requirement, so I finally bought an iPad Mini 4 and ran the iOS version of the DJI GO on the iPad. Works like a champ.

My only complaint has really less to do with either device and more to do with where I live. I live about 40 miles NW of Orlando. We have about 6 - 7 months of summer here - it's been consistently in the 90s all month and that's what we'll see a lot of until maybe October (or maybe even not until November!). Both of my tablets tend to get really hot after several flights and a paucity of shade. Never have figured out a practical way to help cool either tablet. Sometimes it forces me to be more patient and take a little time off between flights.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
I will often fly my drone from inside my car with the air going on hot days. You'd be surprised how far you can go if you are LOS through the front window.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1