Which Tablet Device Is Recommended

I agree, even with the iMoshi anti-glare screen protector on the iPad Air 2 (I bought yesterday), it is not as clear as my Sansung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Just compared them a few minutes ago. Both are not much good outside in bright sunlight. My iPhone6 is clearer than both of them, but too small.. The Ipad is going back. Might try an ipad Mini 2 or 3. I like the IOS version of the Pilot app better than the Android.

From what I see, but versions are identical. Except that the tablet is running 256 gig of total storage GPS where the non-cell iOS is running less than half and only occasionally GPS

Mmmmmm not true my TAB S 10.5 does..

Strange... my Tab S 10.5 doesn't... not a big deal because I have another clip that works fine but the DJI stock holder just doesn't quite jam in there... if it could be pushed in with some force I would probably go for it but the first time I tried to stretch and cram it in there it felt like something was gonna break... I don't wanna go thru that kind of wrestling each time I fly.

I have the Nvidia Shield coming in tomorrow just for the heck of it... I wanted something with LTE and front facing speakers anyway... my idea is to get it rooted and rommed and cleaned out so it will be a dedicated tablet JUST to run flight apps. Hope it deals with the video stream a bit better than the Tab S... I got that one running pretty **** good but I'd like to see the P3 and Inspire video feed looking as good as the Solo.

I rooted my shield, but having trouble clearing out the apps :(

Reactions: Steve Moore
I use that app but it wont do anything for me. I have android 5.0.1 on my Shield and S4 and it wont remove them at all. Freezing works but uninstall wont. Thanks though!! ;)

Ok so here is an example of the Acer Iconia 8 wth hdmi tab running on the P3. I was able to get this tablet for next to nothing because I had some amazon gift cards left from earlier. So any way I hooked it up to my projector to show that the lag was there but not really an issue. Check out for yourself...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was using a mini and I kept trying to turn up the brightness. I installed an antiglare and it made it seemingly worse. Made the screen seem dimmer to me. I've upgraded to the air 2. I think all of them will be weak in the sunlight. I agree about IOS vs android.

I was using a mini and I kept trying to turn up the brightness. I installed an antiglare and it made it seemingly worse. Made the screen seem dimmer to me. I've upgraded to the air 2. I think all of them will be weak in the sunlight. I agree about IOS vs android.

I noticed a difference for the better when I went to an Air 2 from my Mini 2. It seemed a bit brighter a little less glare but I think the color reproduction of the Air 2 is what makes it easier to see in the sunlight. I don't use a shade anymore either to keep things cool. With my Mini 2 even with a shade it was harder to see things.

The 10" tablets dont fit without other "stuff" to extend the cradle. There are several people 3D printing extenders. The only solution for Samsung USB port location is to make the hole in the cradle larger.

I use an iPad Air 2 now. It was the biggest picture, with the biggest processor. Could have gone with the faster Android tablets, but then would be forced to use a smaller screen because of DJIs poor design flaw.

ACTUALLY, I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" 32GB and have been extremely happy with it. It's fast and it barely fits into the stock remote without any mods. It's also very thin and light. The adaptive Super AMOLED display is awesome and the whole thing fits perfectly into the 'large' screen shade. Highly recommended.

Sony xperia z3 compact tablet is good it's has a 2.2ghz processor and 3gb ram. Best way to go and its 8inch and works well with litchi and dji go

If I wanted to stick with an iPad, which I do because I run Autopilot...

I think I read some folks say the mini 4 has a more visible display in bright sunlight. What model is most visible in bright sunlight from people's experiences?

And even then, what if anything do you do to make the display more visible? It looks like some folks are saying the anti-glare screens can make it worse. Is there some screen or something that actually makes it better? The glassy nature of the screen sure generates a lot of reflections.

I have a hood that kind of helps if I position things to get the shadows just right (this one: Amazon.com: Ofeely DJI Inspire 1 / DJI Phantom 3 Accessory Monitor Hood Mobile Tablet Sun Visor for Ipad Mini / Air / Iphone and Other Phones Tablets (For less than 9.7 inch tablets): Cell Phones & Accessories ). Is something better available?

Thanks!

I think I read some folks say the mini 4 has a more visible display in bright sunlight
Many comment that the screen is brighter than the iPad Mini 2/3. It also has an anti-reflective coating on the screen. On top of that, you could add a sun shade and/or fly in the shade.

Yeah, looking at them side-by-side in the Apple store just now, the mini 4 certainly looks less reflective and more readable. The store isn't the same a bright sunlight, but they did have a bunch of bright spotlights on the displays that I lined them up against.

This review seems pretty comprehensive and matches my observations: iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Since the latest, greatest Apple products carry a premium price, I'll be a bit annoyed if I end up not being satisfied, but I think the best I can do is get one and try it out. The extra horsepower of the mini 4 will help with Autopilot as well.

The shade I have will help, for sure. If I find readability still challenging, I can start trying out various anti-glare screens and filters.

Now I just need to decide how much storage (16G, 64G, 128G) and if I want cell service and if so will a minimal data plan work since I think the main thing I'll be doing in the field is loading maps, and perhaps uploading logs to Healthy Drones (well, if I choose to keep using that with the new pricing).

Thanks!

Many comment that the screen is brighter than the iPad Mini 2/3. It also has an anti-reflective coating on the screen. On top of that, you could add a sun shade and/or fly in the shade.

Who can help me, I just bought the P3 and I am using my phone the samsung s5 and everything works untill now ok, but for me the screen is a bit to small so I would like to buy a small tablet, but wich one should I buy, I am not a big fan of apple I prefer a tablet with android, is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 a good option??

[Moderator edit: Title changed]

Hardcore user of the Nvidia Shift K1 here. This is the best android tablet and can be bought under $200.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31