Which Tablet Device Is Recommended

sorry but i lost my faith in nvidia a few years back after the nvidia defect problem havent trusted there stuff since, and i dont think i will again.

sorry but i lost my faith in nvidia a few years back after the nvidia defect problem havent trusted there stuff since, and i dont think i will again.
?? I know of no defect?! And I own several thousand dollars in nvidia hardware! Never had issues, and I depend on them a LOT!

I wouldn't hold that against their current tech. Just don't buy a laptop manufactured <2009 with a nvidia gpu and you should be ok. :)

I wouldn't hold that against their current tech. Just don't buy a laptop manufactured <2009 with a nvidia gpu and you should be ok. :)
My father in law still refuses to even consider an Audi when it's time for a new car. Apparently the one he drove in 1962 had some issues...

My father in law still refuses to even consider an Audi when it's time for a new car. Apparently the one he drove in 1962 had some issues...

People are funny like that. :) I understand it too. I had some bad rootbeer when I was a kid and wouldn't drink rootbeer after that. Don't drink soda anymore anyway but I get it.

You should get him behind the wheel of a twin turbo s6, may change his mind. :)

One thing in their favour they put their hands up and said they were at fault, i have worked in the IT trade for more years than i would like to mention and the amount of cpu/gpu failures these last 5/6 years is astounding, i guess we really do live in a throw away society.

Considering an Nvidia Shield. Going for less video lag and Dji Pilot app stability. Anyone else having success with the shield, or would like recommendation for a high end Android tablet for stability and speed.

Last edited:
I'm selling a brand new iPad mini 2 wifi/cellular. PM if interested.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435122386.209326.jpg

after looking at all the topics i went for an ipad mini 2 wifi myself.and im happy with it. here's why:

- app has no bugs on iOS
- mini is a nice size, not too big/heavy for the holder (even the plastic builtin holder), easy to carry
- latency is minimal, much lower than on android
- its one of the cheapest ipads

now, it doesnt have HDMI like the shield but frankly I dont care. i care that the latency is lower than on the shield and the app working better. also, its not jailbroken so i cant get full logs (you can on the shield)

the shield would have been my 2nd choice.

good luck either way :)

Im running the Pilot app on Nvidia Shield and Ive had no problems.

I'm using the Tab S 8.3 There's a small amount of lag but it's still very usable. Had an iPad Air 2 and yes it worked great BUT outdoors in sunlight it was useless. Took it back for a refund! The screen on the Samsung Tab S is bright and much easier to see in direct sunlight. We just need Google or DJI or whoever is responsible for screwing things up to fix it!

after looking at all the topics i went for an ipad mini 2 wifi myself.and im happy with it. here's why:

- app has no bugs on iOS
- mini is a nice size, not too big/heavy for the holder (even the plastic builtin holder), easy to carry
- latency is minimal, much lower than on android
- its one of the cheapest ipads

now, it doesnt have HDMI like the shield but frankly I dont care. i care that the latency is lower than on the shield and the app working better. also, its not jailbroken so i cant get full logs (you can on the shield)

the shield would have been my 2nd choice.

good luck either way :)
I have the iPad mini 2 as well as the 'Pad Air 2 and there is a world of difference in the display in the bright sunlight, even with the shades. The Pad Air 2 is much easier to see. So if you have a choice, go with the Air.

I was surprised for how big the air is that it was decently balanced in the mount.

I'm using the Tab S 8.3 There's a small amount of lag but it's still very usable. Had an iPad Air 2 and yes it worked great BUT outdoors in sunlight it was useless. Took it back for a refund! The screen on the Samsung Tab S is bright and much easier to see in direct sunlight. We just need Google or DJI or whoever is responsible for screwing things up to fix it!
I agree, even with the iMoshi anti-glare screen protector on the iPad Air 2 (I bought yesterday), it is not as clear as my Sansung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Just compared them a few minutes ago. Both are not much good outside in bright sunlight. My iPhone6 is clearer than both of them, but too small.. The Ipad is going back. Might try an ipad Mini 2 or 3. I like the IOS version of the Pilot app better than the Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers