Which T-Motor is best?

martcerv said:
Im using mt 2216-kv900 also with the 9050 triblades that Boat Chaser is using and can confirm better performance or battery life depending on how its flown. They have significantly more lift then any 2 bladed props I have tried so they do much better with a heavy phantom.

The motors have no issues with these props and as can be seen in drastic loss of performance with every gram beyond a stock phantom weight with the regular 2 blade 8 or even 9 inch props struggle to lift it. This means with 9050x3 props they run at lower RPM for regular flying but will also be more agile and can get some much greater speed out of it in ATTI or manual mode flying.

The hover throttle percentage between stock props and the triblades is very different when in manual mode and it clearly shows these props have much more lift, it actually use less power if you fly them much the same as you would stock props. Pushing it hard in manual will cut the time down but your performance is also much greater.

I did hear bad things about triblades before I tried them, I got the mt-2216 motors to make it easy to try other props so I figured it cant hurt. My early prop tests showed different props had very big effects on lift which also meant those with less lift had much shorter flight times so I figured its worth trying more prop. Using 9 inch triblades are basically the largest props you could possible fit on a phantom and I am loving them on mine ever since my first flight with them. 8040x3 props were a bit of a fail as its quite unstable with them but the 9050x3 flys better then any other props and more efficient or faster depending on how you fly. So I see them as a win win ;)

l5pi.jpg

Here is some manual mode flying with this setup.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTnb-szvYE[/youtube]

VERY NICE SETUP !!

I am interested in your lens adapter. or is it not. I am looking for a way to protect my lens while NOT using the protective case.

Yes it is the SRP micro 52 adapter, works great for adding filters and also has helped protect my lens on my fare share of crashes when using just the naked gopro. They also make a 55mm adapter for use with the gooro waterproof housing but I prefer flying the naked cam now days to save weight and try avoid water landings. ;)

I have the 2214-900 AntiGravity motors on my Phantom and will be getting a Zenmuse shipped soon. Based on the comments here the 9050 props might be a good option. Would there be any issue with fitting on the hubs other than needing to ream to 8 mm?

Do you have a recommended place to purchase from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have the 2214-900 AntiGravity motors on my Phantom and will be getting a Zenmuse shipped soon. Based on the comments here the 9050 props might be a good option. Would there be any issue with fitting on the hubs other than needing to ream to 8 mm?

Do you have a recommended place to purchase from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20