Which stick position can turn off the motors in the Air?

Naza-m-tx_cali2.png

I'm afraid to descend too fast by pulling the left stick down all the way for a long time (3+ seconds). I use that method to stop the motors when I land or catch, rather than the CSC move that starts them.

If I were to hold the left stick all the way down while in the air, does the Phantom check to make sure it's not losing altitude before it shuts the motors off?

photographix said:
I'm afraid to descend too fast by pulling the left stick down all the way for a long time (3+ seconds). I use that method to stop the motors when I land or catch, rather than the CSC move that starts them.

If I were to hold the left stick all the way down while in the air, does the Phantom check to make sure it's not losing altitude before it shuts the motors off?
Yes it does, it will descend at 2mps until it stops detected altitude drop for about 3 seconds, then shut the motors off.

Not quite sure why. I mean, you'd hope they'd program in a safeguard like "if the Phantom is up in the air, don't allow CRC"... but I suppose maybe there's a good use for it, in an emergency during flight, as has been discussed in this forum before.

As I understand it, the motors will continue running until it detects no further descending motion.
The only way they will shut off is because of a dead battery.
Or maybe an EMP.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20