which sd card for phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
Need advice as to which micro sd card i best go for my phantom 3 pro to give best results with upto 4k video.Do i need the fastest sandisk or will another make/speed surfice
help greatly appreciated

The SanDisk Extreme PRO is the fastest memory card available right now. But, either of the following memory cards should be sufficient:
The write speed is most important when choosing a memory card. I'd recommend you go with a memory card that writes at 40MB/s (or higher) since that's what DJI ships with the Phantom.

Last edited:
Thankyou im trying to clarify if makers speed quotations are MB/s megabytes or do they mean megabits/sec when advertised as to my understanding the p3p only transfers video at about 6 megabits a second to the card in 4k
just my understanding thats all im trying to have it clarified

Need advice as to which micro sd card is best go for my phantom 3 pro to give best results with upto 4k video.Do i need the fastest sandisk or will another make/speed suffice
Everyone on the internet wants the "best" but as long as you get a card that meets DJI's recommendation ..
Supported SD Card Types
Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required​
.. it will be fine.
A faster SD card won't be any better in the Phantom as everything depends on the speed of the buffer memory in the Phantom - not the card.

Thankyou appreciated as just wasnt sure and was under the impression needed an all out fast top end sd card to cope with 4k

Great yeah the usb3 reader a big bonus
I just wasnt sure what card to go for that has bigger capacity than the stock card supplied
thanks again great help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik