Which route will the drone use if I lose connection here?

Re: Which route will the drone use if I lose connection here

The answer is obviously A

I think C,
because it ascend first and then comes to you.

I did the test today because i had the same question.
If your darwing mean that the bird is below the homepoint and is going into RTH then the bird will climb to +20m first and then come back. So the answer is D because C doesn't have the +20m and decent when over the homepoint.

+1 :cool:

ToThePoint said:
I did the test today because i had the same question.
If your darwing mean that the bird is below the homepoint and is going into RTH then the bird will climb to +20m first and then come back. So the answer is D because C doesn't have the +20m and decent when over the homepoint.

Correction: the P2V+ does not climb to 20m. When the P2V+ goes into RTH mode, it climbs 20m from it's current altitude. So if you're at 5m and go into RTH mode, you stand a good chance of running into any obstacles at or up to 25m if in the copter's return home path. Ask me how I know the pine trees in my fly area are 30m tall.

Gr8Chef said:
Correction: the P2V+ does not climb to 20m. When the P2V+ goes into RTH mode, it climbs 20m from it's current altitude. So if you're at 5m and go into RTH mode, you stand a good chance of running into any obstacles at or up to 25m if in the copter's return home path. Ask me how I know the pine trees in my fly area are 30m tall.

I have not tried the OP's scenario but the quoted above is inaccurate. Why would it blindly climb +20m from its current altitude? According to the manual it will climb +20m from its recorded home point altitude, then return to home point X/Y and land. So + one to ToThePoint. The answer is D.

D_Tshudy said:
Gr8Chef said:

I have not tried the OP's scenario but the quoted above is inaccurate. Why would it blindly climb +20m from its current altitude? According to the manual it will climb +20m from its recorded home point altitude, then return to home point X/Y and land. So + one to ToThePoint. The answer is D.

Correct.

You must reset the home point in flight to increase the 20m AGL return altitude.
Additionally, if it is higher than 20m AGL, it will maintain current altitude until it reaches the home X-Y location and descends from there.

N017RW said:
D_Tshudy said:
Gr8Chef said:

Correct.

You must reset the home point in flight to increase the 20m AGL return altitude.
Additionally, if it is higher than 20m AGL, it will maintain current altitude until it reaches the home X-Y location and descends from there.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Sweet.

Live (post) and Learn!

Gr8Avatar. ;)

I like the concept of setting a new home point at a higher (safer) altitude. However, I have tried it several times and it sets the geographical position perfectly but it still returns home about 60 feet. I've tried it several times at different altitudes but the results never effects the altitude. The last time I reset the home-point it was about 120 feet and it still returned to HP about 65 feet. Any suggestions...

P2V+
Main Controller = 3.04
P330CB = 1.0.1.31
RC = 1.0.2.22

Thanks for the help...

No comment

N017RW said:
D_Tshudy said:
Gr8Chef said:

Correct.

Good point to reset homepoint in flight to get extra attitude when things go wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1