Which route to go? New to Forum

Let's circle back a bit...

What are you looking to do?

If you are looking for an out of the box quad with camera/video & FPV... then the P2V+ is the quad you want. But keep in mind that you are locked into a quad that isn't upgradable. The camera alone is $600.00 if you need to ever replace it. It can be modded with antennas to push some amazing distances.

Ignore the P2V altogether.

The P2 allows for more flexibility in regards to equipment.. IE, Gimble, Camera, FPV, Transmitter... ect. The only downside to this is that you will need to open the quad up to install certain equipment.

I have a P2V+ but in hindsight, I wish I'd gotten a P2 instead. The reason for this is that I'm a gadget guy and tinkerer. Building out my quad to my specifications would have been half the fun.

As for the Tail 500, it's running into growing pains but I'm sure it will work itself out in the future. I have read that people are complaining about the quality of the housing being cheap, screws missing and quality issues on the overall internal build.

Now if you can wait for 6+ months, you might be surprised what comes available on the quad or hex market.

Take a look at this :) http://www.thundertiger.com/products-detail.php?id=51

Yeah, at least if i rammed it in to a concrete road i have no one to blame but myself :)
Wish we had an idea of numbers sold/ fly aways. I think i read somewhere 10-15% failure rate, which is certainly high.. Again could be totally BS made up numbers.

So what is everyone using (if you are) for gps tracking? Id love something super lightweight (obviously) small and easy to use. Again, i dont mind spending money if the GPS tracker is worth it.
thank you again guys and gals.. you are all very helpful

Wow... so funny, with each hour that passes, different advice...

Im not sure if im the tinkering type.. I was on my 4x4 RC truck, but thats different.

Lets say i crash it, which im sure to do...ive actually seen a few gimbals from overseas that people seem to like, i could technically replace that one yeah?
As far as the camera. thats a concern sure.

The reason i ordered (and i did place the order, but i could always send it back) the P2v+ is that it is all there. I can do tilt, etc from the app. ITs psuedo fpv (not goggles).

I will admit, its more of a toy for me. I do feel i need the GPS lock etc as im somewhat un-experienced. ive got 5 hours or so on smaller quad and single prop blade mp something :).

I live in Des Moines, but on the far outskirts where i can "fly safe" around corn and bean fields UNless it flys away.

Im not a video/photo super must be quality guy. Its just a cool experience.

So yeah, maybe this isnt the perfect quad for me, but then again. is there a better option?

dunginhawk said:
SHould i be seriously concerned about fly aways with the V2+
There are sooooo many horror stories.

Has the problem been resolved? or are the 2's still acting up as much as the earlier models were?
thanks

Should I be seriously concerned about fly aways with the V2+
No ... you should be seriously concerned with learning how it works and how to fly properly.
"There are sooooo many horror stories".
Not really ... but there are a lot of forum posts talking about how there are so many horror stories.
There are very few tales coming through about anything that can be called a fly away.
There are more tales of pilot error.

I think you are certainly right about the pilot error piece... My guess is people are so amped to fly they dont wait to get all the satellites, or dont calibrate it properly etc.
All i know is im going to baby the CRAP out of this thing, and I may just videotape every single time i use it, just to prove lack of pilot error should it go down :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20