Which receiver with Futaba 8FGA

Reaction score
I`m about to order a Futaba radio for the Phantom but it doesn`t come together with receiver, I`ve no idea which receiver to buy. This is the radio:

$(KGrHqR,!rIFHuUgd)wkBSE-lFpgIw~~60_12.JPG

There`s a deal on Ebay for $319.95 which is the lowest I`ve seen ( from NitroHobbies ). Please post any suggestions, I`m trying to shoot video on a beach about 1200 meters long and stock Tx doesn`t make it. I will most probably land the bird on the other side - just a note about battery time.

Just put R6303SB on my Phantom. Clean SBUS connection (just plug the X2 cable out of the RX PCB and into the Futaba SBUS channel), and it's small enough to sit alongside the Naza without interrupting anything.

The reason it's the cheapest is because it doesn't have the receiver . . .

Look around the $500 mark and you should find the same with a receiver, probably from the same seller too.

Any reason to want conventional wiring on a Phantom? R6208SB is twice as big and nearly three times as expensive as R6303SB (I have those, too, but in larger aircraft).

R6303SB works great with the Naza on the X2 port, while still providing an extra two conventional channels for a gimbal or whatever else.

SamurAchzar said:
Any reason to want conventional wiring on a Phantom? R6208SB is twice as big and nearly three times as expensive as R6303SB (I have those, too, but in larger aircraft).

R6303SB works great with the Naza on the X2 port, while still providing an extra two conventional channels for a gimbal or whatever else.

No I dont se any good reason to use only conventional, but naza can handle 7 channels trough sbus, and if you like to use channel 8, you have to use conventional wiring for that channel.

So the 2 extra outputs on R6303SB can be assigned to any channel?

Nearly any channel. Through the button on the RX you can move them around. For example, first setting is port 1 -> CH1, port 2 -> CH2; Second setting is port 1 -> CH1, port 2 -> CH4. And so on until you hit CH11/CH12.

SamurAchzar said:
Nearly any channel. Through the button on the RX you can move them around. For example, first setting is port 1 -> CH1, port 2 -> CH2; Second setting is port 1 -> CH1, port 2 -> CH4. And so on until you hit CH11/CH12.

sounds like a good choice then :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik