Which phone?

Reaction score
Which smart phone would be the best to use with the remote for clarity of flight detail in the field? It's time for me to update my phone and I would like to get the best one to use with the Mavic.

Apparently there are some issues with the latest Samsung 7 phones.

I have an iPhone 6S+ which is what I will be using.

The DJI GO app works on iOS or Andriod. so the "best" (I hate that word, too subjective) is the one you want.

I did watch a video of a guy using an iphone 7 plus with his Mavic, I use a 6 plus with my Phantom 4 and the large screen is very useful.

I use a iPad mini 4 with my P4, which is awesome. For the mavic, I'll guess I'll use my iPhone 7. No I do not have the plus.

There's a built in lightning adapter on the mavic controller.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm using the iPhone 7plus , works great and I went from iPhone 6 to 7 plus for the drone, fly my p3 adv great with it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there a significant improvement from iphone 6 to iphone 7 in screen clarity or is it primarily the size?

Apparently there are some issues with the latest Samsung 7 phones.

I have an iPhone 6S+ which is what I will be using.

The DJI GO app works on iOS or Andriod. so the "best" (I hate that word, too subjective) is the one you want.
Where did you read that it was having issues using the Samsung 7 phones? I have the note 7 and wanted to use that with the Mavic....

Search it out. I dont have one, so I didnt pay that much attention to it. I think it was on the DJI Mavic FB group.

JohnyRingo, you can find a list of recommended phones here.

I see that some people have had problems with Android phones. Have there been any issues with the iPhones?

Yes, but my point again being that my S7 edge is not having that issue.

And the OP was referring to a Mavic, not P3. Just because something works on old (in this case) tech doesnt mean it translated to new tech. Especially when there are so many documented cases of it NOT working.

And the OP was referring to a Mavic, not P3. Just because something works on old (in this case) tech doesnt mean it translated to new tech. Especially when there are so many documented cases of it NOT working.
Yet the link you provided was regarding a P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl