Which Phantom

Reaction score
I used to fly RC helis and got out of that a few years ago but have the itch to fly again. I was looking at the phantoms and am having a hard time deciding between the Phantom 2 vision plus or the phantom 3. I like the fact the 2 is cheaper and also the batteries are cheaper. Is the 3 worth the extra money or should I go with the 2.

Thanks

What do you plan on doing with it?

Advanced. If you do 4k and down convert, you will get better 1080p video, but consider needing some ND filters because the 4k camera is a fixed 2.8 apperature. For fun, advanced

Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one. Look at the pro and cons. Make you a list and go with your gut feeling. Some guys have both the 2 and the 3. They may have better insight. I have 2 2 s as dam perfectly happy. I would also be with the 3 but no need to spend the extra money when the end result right now is the same. I have no need for a professional quality 4 k camera that can only be played on a 4 k TV etc. my 1080p videos are quite colorful and have beautiful picture and do the job. You can get more distance stock from the 3. Also has the ability to fly indoors with the ground sensor. I don't fly indoors so have no need. I fly a lot of waypoints. Right now the 2 wins on that one. Also use the POI circle flying on 3rd party apps for 2 . Not out on 3. Other can give even more info. Figure what you want and need and get the one that will fit your requirements. Good luck!

Sigh, no one even thinks about the P1 or FC40 anymore... :(

Reactions: dirkclod
I fly both. I would recommend the P3 over the Vision+. The P3 is easier to get into the air, and easier to fly.

Taking off is the easy part, this is where P3 is so much better, auto landing!

I am not worried about the flying aspect of it. I got to where I could hover my heli upside down, flip and roll it. I should be good to go with a phantom that will auto hover.

I am not worried about the flying aspect of it. I got to where I could hover my heli upside down, flip and roll it. I should be good to go with a phantom that will auto hover.

landing is just a controlled crash. if you are good at crashing.. any of them are good.

I had the same question a few weeks ago, cant see any point in forking out a load of money myself so i picked up a PH2V not the plus with lots of extra bits and 3 batteries all for £380 off ebay, managed a crash 2 days in so glad i didn't fork out over £500 i would have been really mortified considering how easy it is to really break these dare i say it toys :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20