Which Phantom to buy

Reaction score
Hi

I know there are a few postson this and have read a few, but some are old as well. Most say avoid the standard is that true?

This would be my first drone. I want to use to look at hunting land and maybe get into doing some videos for real estate I know license required. I am just wondering will I use this enough to spend the money

I can get good deals one 1 here is what I can get each for.

Standard $349
Pro $700
4 $979

Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm biased, but I just don't feel the P4 adds enough value to justify the extra cash. Which leaves the P3. You don't want the Standard, and you don't want the 4K. Which leaves the P3A and the P3P. Unless you need and can actually make use of 4k video, the P3A is an outstanding value.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: ray rokni
If that $979 is from an authorized DJI dealer, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The Phantom 4 has a lot of new features that would make that $279 difference quite worthwhile.

I'm biased too
I have 2 P3Pros and can't see the value in a 4
At current prices the Pro is a sreal and it has lightbridge that the S doesn't

It seems many Phantom 3 owners who don't also own a Phantom 4 are biased. That's understandable though. It's quite hard to sometimes see the value of something you don't own.

I'm biased, but I just don't feel the P4 adds enough value to justify the extra cash. Which leaves the P3. You don't want the Standard, and you don't want the 4K. Which leaves the P3A and the P3P. Unless you need and can actually make use of 4k video, the P3A is an outstanding value.

Just my $0.02
I'm like you smiley about being biased . I'm very pleased with the Standard and the 4K and don't see the need for the Pro/Adv for
what I do . If I did move up it would be the Adv though .
Welcome to the forum Sean and whatever you do get be sure it's from authorized DJI dealer .

Thanks for all of the information. I am mostly going to use for fun and don't want to spent $1000 on something that will just collect dust, but also want it to be fun to fly and take good videos and pictures. Being my first I'm sure I'll fly very slow for a while as I don't want it to crash or fly off.

It seems many Phantom 3 owners who don't also own a Phantom 4 are biased. That's understandable though. It's quite hard to sometimes see the value of something you don't own.

Very true but the extra features are not something that I need so I can't justify upgrading to have the same camera

Very true but the extra features are not something that I need so I can't justify upgrading to have the same camera
Right on -- I don't recommend you upgrade from a P3 that has a 4K camera if all you're looking for is a better camera. You will be highly disappointed. Now, if you want to upgrade to take advantage of the new features that actually make a difference, then I think it would be a wise investment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31