Which Phantom 3 Professional filter and polarizer?

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just wondering if this is a good filter set. Also if it's good that each filter is polarized.
Other Neewer products have pretty good reviews.

I know polar pro is leading brand but it's a bit pricey for what you get in my opinion.

Let me know what you guys think!

Amazon.com : Neewer® for DJI Phantom 4, DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced, Multi-Coated PL-ND Filter Set: PL-ND4, PL-ND8, PL-ND16, PL-ND32, Made of High Definition Glass, Not for DJI Phantom 3 Standard : Camera & Photo

Last edited:
I have the Neewer ND 16, decent quality and optics. I'm not sure of the quality of the PL ND's though. I have the Polar Pro PL1, ND4, ND8 set, the quality of these are fine but the ND4 is almost useless, the ND 8 is good on partly cloudy days.

One needs ND 4, 8, 16 and 32 depending upon the light conditions. Most commonly used are ND 8 and ND 16.

There are many brands available in the market. All have their types. People have been using them and all are equally good or bad. I have not seen any optical quality data anywhere. I don't know how much it matters.

You listed most of the popular brands, and different #'s have different effects on your videos & pics. #8 & #16 seems to be used often by flyers. I found in the classifieds that college geezer is selling filters for $2. I'll get a few and see how my videos/pics turn out.

What's good about this set is that they include all 4 densities.
I'm just wondering if it's an advantage to have them polarized as well.
I think they should be good quality since they are made of glass just like those of poor pro.
$50 for a set of 4 vs $70 for a set of 3 where one is only a.polorizer and one is nd4 which is rarely used.
See what I mean?

I bought the DJI brand filters ND4, 8, and 16 from micro center for 29 bucks each. I pretty much fly on nice and sunny very blue sky days and I only use the ND 16 filters with a custom white balance set to 5000k. Gives a nice cinematic vivid look to my videos. Give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you everyone for the amazing answers! Going to check out all these options!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan