Which one should I choose?

Reaction score
Now there is dome different models of the Phantom and I am confused what to choose. I do have a GoPro camera already

And I want a steady phantom - but should I go for a phantom with the DJI camera or should I go for a different modell of the phantom where I can use my Gopro?

What is the pro and con`s?

Please help me? What would you have done?

I first bought the phantom1, didn't even take it out of the box and returned it for a phantom 2 with the zenmuse gimbal.
It's a great setup and super cheap for what it's capable of.

These are tough machines - in fact mine just took a little dig thismorning after a tree branch jumped right out in front of it. was back up and running in about 10 minutes (after some "field repairs")

My girl bought me a P1 last year. I have since upgraded to a P2 shell with a Thunderpower 5400mah battery, upgrade board with can-bus mod, iOSD, and FPV transmitter. Get 17-18 minutes flight time without a gimbal right now. But I dont have to buy P2 batteries for $160 a piece.
Walkera 5200mah batteries are $55(shipped) and are stated to weigh 317g. El Guano has a couple on the way to him, but I have not seen any reviews from any other people.

baiaz said:
Now there is dome different models of the Phantom and I am confused what to choose. I do have a GoPro camera already

And I want a steady phantom - but should I go for a phantom with the DJI camera or should I go for a different modell of the phantom where I can use my Gopro?

Well you have the camera already, just get the P2 with Gimble

RamDez said:
baiaz said:

Thank you - and I just have one question - what is the difference between P1 and P2?

baiaz said:
RamDez said:
baiaz said:

Thank you - and I just have one question - what is the difference between P1 and P2?

There's a number of differences, from the main board to the battery: http://www.dji.com/products

baiaz said:
RamDez said:
baiaz said:

And one more... you see - I did have a Phantom 1 - but I ruin it... But I still have the battery... will they fit on the Phantom 2?

baiaz said:
And one more... you see - I did have a Phantom 1 - but I ruin it... But I still have the battery... will they fit on the Phantom 2?
No other batteries will fit the P2 at this time. The main control board needs to get a handshake from the P2 battery to power up. No one has figured it out yet.

baiaz said:
Very expensive batteries - can they be bought cheaper online?

Not at this time.

If i were doing it again, i'd go for a P2 with Zenmuse gimbal, despite the high battery cost. I'm sure someone will crack it eventually, and if you're that desperate to use aftermarket cheaper batteries, you could always replace the naza from the phantom 2 with a regular naza v2 instead which will allow the use of any battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl