Which Nexus 7?

Reaction score
Looking for Nexus 7 to just get good video from the aircraft. Not a professional, so don't need anything fancy. I see a lot of Nexus 7 models out there from 1st gen to the latest. Other than what is on the DJI website, what features should I be looking at to get the good video? Obviously the storage capacity is irrelevant (8-32GB), but what minimum RAM or other features should I be looking at to ensure I get good video feed with minimum latency?

Scott

The 2nd gen 2013 (FHD) Nexus 7 is what you want - it's one of the tablets recommended by DJI. (The 1st gen 2012 model is not.)
At a higher price, the Nvidia Shield is a popular choice, and is reported to have less video latency, but the screen is not as bright. If you expect to use FPV goggles, the Nvidia has the advantage with built-in HDMI output, which otherwise requires buying a $100 module for the RC.

The Google Nexus 7 (2013) model is what most people are using. I own it too and it works well for me. You probably want to steer clear of the 2012 model since most people report the FPV lags in DJI GO.

Either the second gen Nexus 7 or the first gen Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch. Both have great screens (I have no idea why Samsung went with a lower res screen on the gen 2 Tab S, probably battery life). I've used both but prefer my iPad Air 2.

I did not have good luck with the 2013 running 6.0.1 and am returning it after it bricked. However, I have a P2V. I will try an Nvidia Shield K1 next...

So far, the 2013 2nd Gen. Nexus 7 is working out nicely for my P3P. Just the right size and was very affordable. There is some lag but you will find that with every device, some worse than others.

so my 2012 nexus 7 won't work ?? says not compatible, thought I'd get off cheap, looking for another device, what do I need to look for, I see many Ipad air 2's for sale, do I need gps ? I see some say, just wifi /?? or can I do something to make this 2012 work, I'm no pro, use it for roof pics, don't need much, but the phone is too small thanks

You need GPS if you think it's important that the AC knows where you, as the pilot, are located.

See msinger's sig above. Click on the tablet link to see compatible tablets.

my nexus has gps and wifi, and 5.1.1 all required for the p3 adv. problem is the 2012 nexus are difficult to get the djipro app installed, or so I've read, wonder how anyone that was successful with a side load did it ?? the newer nexus and many others will down load from wifi, thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20