Which model, + or GoPro

Reaction score
New member from Orkney here pondering why I should spend the extra on the Vision + as opposed to the GoPro model.

The + appears to be RTF (after a week spent reading the manual) with a good, but not great camera, and a good but fragile? gimbal.

The GoPro version has the ability to fit a standard camera that's used everywhere for all manner of activities, backed up by superb support, and gives superb quality images/etc

Does a GoPro just mount and connect with ease and simplicity ?

Am guessing asking in this section is going to get me a slightly lopsided set of opinions, but are there any real advantages of the + model ?

Thanks

I'm fairly sure that this question isn't really in the right section, but I'm not entirely sure what is the right section for my pondering, so if there's a kindly mod reading that wants to shift it .....

Ta

I am sure you will be very happy with the Go-Pro / Gimbal solution and it sounds like you have thought about FPV as well, so all is good.

Set up is dead easy and the only thing you won't have is flight information via a mini IOSD. This is well worth having for battery life and GPS status alone!

Just take your time learning to fly. It will make things a lot cheaper!!

Thanks for the reply, I'm surprised to learn that I wont have such vital info available to me on the included display :(

All part of the curve I guess.

I have a Phantom 1 and am ready for a gimbal and FPV now. The BIG question is whether I should upgrade the Phantom 1 or buy the Phantom 2 Vision+???? Input please.

I like to tinker, and price is not an issue for either. I am thinking maybe I should buy the Phantom 2, and upgrade it with a gimble and FPV link. My thinking is that is will allow for more flexibility with the camera, gimbal, and fpv options compared to the pre-configured vision+. Since I am somewhat new, I am looking for experienced advice before throwing down the $$$.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj