Which model Futaba to buy and and where to buy it?

Reaction score
I'm looking into purchasing a Futaba radio and receiver combo, but I need to know if I should go with the t8fg super or the 14sg for my phantom 2

Since the stock dji transmitter is self centering, won't you run into issues since the futabas are not

Futaba (Horizon Hobbies) will send you the mechanism for free.

I did this about 4-5 mos. ago form my T10J.

dbolner said:
Since the stock dji transmitter is self centering, won't you run into issues since the futabas are not
The Futaba sold from DSLR PROS came with the self centering installed along with their custom programming for the P2. It also came with the Futaba RGC08SB transmitter, though for now I''m still using the original P2 receiver. Based on YouTube videos it seems simple enough to install, I was just to excited to bind, calibrate the radio and fly. Also since you can save to the Futaba memory several version of custom programming, I installed the custom version from Ian, which I prefer.

The left stick is self centering on the Futaba from DSLR Pros? Awesome! And is there a increase in range of control with the Futaba if you use the stock receiver in the phantom, or does the range only increase if you use the Futaba receiver

dbolner said:
The left stick is self centering on the Futaba from DSLR Pros? Awesome! And is there a increase in range of control with the Futaba if you use the stock receiver in the phantom, or does the range only increase if you use the Futaba receiver
I couldn't say since I'm still using the stock receiver. Others here might know.

Have you noticed an increase in range since you upgraded to the dslr pros Futaba

dbolner said:
Have you noticed an increase in range since you upgraded to the dslr pros Futaba
For myself the upgrade to the Futaba was more for the finer controls and gimbal control.

You don't need to bother with the Futaba receiver unless you want to put something on the 8th channel. The stock DJI receiver is just as good. Curious to know what features the DSLRPros custom programming has compared to my profile.

dbolner said:

The 8J is self centering if you remove a single screw from the mechanism. You don't need any additional peices

So if I wanted to install retractable landing gear, I'd have to install the Futaba RGC08SB receiver, swapping out the original P2 receiver? DSLRPros said I did not need to but provided no instructions at all. Hmmmm?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31