Which Model Controller?

Finally arrived. Here are some pics of the bottom. Can anyone tell me what the red/gray with yellow connector is for?

Attachments

• IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_4751.JPG
    IMG_4751.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 291
The red / gray wire is a power connection. The yellow plug is an XT 60 connector. the velcro is to hold the battery I'm thinking. If there is another connector in the battery bay it's for a 2nd battery in parallel. This is pretty common when you will be carrying a larger payload. Any other questions I'm here. PS Does this have an fpv setup? I see two ant in the 2nd pic I'm not sure of

I know the previous owner said it "was equipped" with an FPV system. I don't know if this hardware is still on there or not. I normally don't jump into something lacking this much knowledge but I certainly have this time... Can you give me any leads on this FPV system?

The secondary power connection threw me off as there is another inside.

Attachments

• IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 310
the device with black dipole antenna is a video transmitter I believe. prob the camera the previous owner used a Go Pro but the gimbal puzzles me because fpv cameras are ridgid mounted so you know the attitude of the bird when you're not line of sight. I'm no expert though. See a mount for another camera? Lets get it in the air before you worry all that stuff!

Reactions: IflyinWY
Now I'm running into software issues. The RC assistant downloaded fine for my Mac but the NAZAM won't run on my Mac. It keeps opening up and sending error messages. I brought it to work this morning to use my PC at work and the software isn't allowed to be downloaded on my work computer... No one in my family uses a PC so I'm stuck right now. Anyone else have issues with Mac and the NAZA-M software?

I would start another thread on the fc40 forum about that. I have never even touched a Mac. The only thing I might try is to do the driver installer first. I'll watch the other forum. make sure you are clear about what the prob is on the header. Some older people get testy with click bait!

Here's a picture of the inside of the bird. I'm having trouble getting my tx linked with my rx. It will beep twice after I press the button on the rx and turn the tx on which leads be to believe something has been recognized but the lights on the underside of the quad remain blinking.

Is it safe to assume that I won't get any of this right until I've got it connected to my computer or is that backward thinking?

Attachments

• IMG_4756.JPG
    IMG_4756.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 348
I'm confused...I thought you hadn't bought a transmitter yet. I think that's a Futaba receiver. I think you need a Futaba transmitter as well to bind it to the bird.

I got a 5.8ghz model PVT581 DJI tx.

I saw the Futaba rx also. I called the lhs and am going to run over there after work and the gent there said he'd help me as much as he could. I may have gotten in over my head with this drone as a first purchase. May need to relist it on eBay and get a kit with everything already in it. I don't mind learning this stuff but also don't want to spend an extraordinary amount of money getting it in the air.

The lhs is a good idea. It's hard to do long distance! keep me up on what you decide. any other questions feel free to send a PM or what ever. Again welcome to the Forum!

Reactions: jad0001
Thank you very much. Went to the lhs last night and learned alot. This bird may be making it's way right back to eBay as it has 2 rx inside and the configuration stumped the guy at HobbyTownUSA.

Tried to send me a PM but apparently I'm inept at that also. I could only find an option to post on your username's "wall." Thanks again for your help

No problem! Let us know what you end up with!

Reactions: IflyinWY
No problem! Let us know what you end up with!
Good job Sherpa, I would have been beating my head against the wall on that one. ;)

Well the the guy had a good attitude and actually listened to my advice! I find old age has caused me to be less tolerant of some people who don't hear what they want to hear!

Yea thanks again. Original bird is back on eBay and Craigslist really came thru for me. Found a P1 for $160 two days after I decided to start over. Finally got it in the air yesterday and these are as much fun as I thought they'd be.

Great! Make sure you download the manual and softwear & driver so you can set it up properly, but mostly so you can understand how your bird works. Any questions you know where we are. Fly safe!!!

Hi all, I just joined about a week or so ago, I just got a phantom P330 and I am still not sure what model it is but the remote says Model No. SR6 and shows 2.4GHz on the back label. I also bought a used Phantom 2 Vision ( not arrived yet ) with no controller.. Not sure if this remote will bind with it but that is my first thought, to try. My other question would be on this DJI P330 being 2.4GHz would a separate Fixed mini board camera work using a 5.8GHz vtx without interference ?
There is so much to learn and hope to learn it here.
Thanks for any help..
Dave

Long story short I kept both phantoms got the original in the air and sold the Craigslist phantom to my brother (for what I had in it). I got a futaba tx, T8FGS Fasst and it bound and was in the air in no time. This was a few months back. I'm now installing fpv as the previous owner already had the phantom wired for it. He ran the wiring through a board but the board blinks red while the phantom is on. The other board beside it is green, the gimbal runs thru it and thankfully it works. I've tried all the types of reset button configurations I can imagine and it won't reset. I think I'm missing something simple so thought I would come back where I've had great help in the past. Got a few pics so you can see what's going on. I could bypass it but would rather work with it if I can. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj