Which Gimbal ????

WmWmson said:
Haven't had time to mess with it much. Just moved. I'm in Orange Park now. Its a good gimbal for the money but no instructions and not much on the internet about it yet. Not sure if I can find a replacement board for it or not. Hoping I can and its not to expensive.
Thanks for the info. I'll reach out to you privately, maybe we can get together and you can laugh at how little I know. :eek:

hellhole said:
Does the gl-2x has a large footprint? I ordered an feiyu one. It works okay. But the footprint mounted on the phantom 1 is Hugh. Covers up the whole bottom. Now I can't find a place to stick on a fpv transmitter...

There is no control board between the plates. Is there room to put the Transmitter between them?

hellhole said:
The footprint is big for the fy-g3. I saw previous version of it and footprint was smaller. Too late I guess. It's quite easy to fix but I am still trying to make the gimbal work with the controller leveling

Else... I can use upright to do other type of filming

There are some instructions with this gimbal and it looks like once you plug the manual tilt wires in and turn on the gimbal control in the naza software I thought it would work. I'm thinking about ordering this one this week but if its much harder than that I might not!!

WmWmson said:
hellhole said:
The footprint is big for the fy-g3. I saw previous version of it and footprint was smaller. Too late I guess. It's quite easy to fix but I am still trying to make the gimbal work with the controller leveling

Else... I can use upright to do other type of filming

There are some instructions with this gimbal and it looks like once you plug the manual tilt wires in and turn on the gimbal control in the naza software I thought it would work. I'm thinking about ordering this one this week but if its much harder than that I might not!!

all report so far that i seen.. even youtube shows quite simple plug and play... maybe it me!!! :)

If you figure it out please let me know. I was just going to order it but might wait now. I already burnt one board up not know what I'm doing.

I went digging around.... And found out that I can't use the existing phantom 1 controller level to move the gimbal. U will need a '8J' type controller or mod it to be '8j' type. It's a different signal. Oh well..... Sigh....

Edit ... Not sure if it can be modded to 8j. I saw some additional to a rheostat ... Maybe not worth the trouble

Thats what I have and I was really hoping this gimbal would work with stock transmitter. I guess I will keep looking for one that will work out of the box with what I have, good instructions, and not to expencive. I know GOOD LUCK RIGHT.

Ok. I just got the FY G3 Gimbal and installed it on my phantom. Very easy to install and seems to work great. Good instructions helped a lot. The total weight is 1129g with battery, FPV, gimbal, and GoPro. I haven't flow it yet but it seems to work great. I ordered it from GotHeliRC.com on Wednesday and it was here today Friday with free shipping. Very happy with it so far. I will try to post video of a flight soon.

Attachments

• phantom with gimbal.JPG
    phantom with gimbal.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 349

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20