Which gimbal to buy for phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm at the point where I'm thinking about purchasing a Gimbal for my 1.1.1 phantom.
I have read quite a bit about the zenmuse gimbal but I just dont want to spend 300 bucks on it. I've heard good things about the Tarot gimbal. I just want something that will work and also have tilt control since i have that option with the 1.1.1

Where is the best place to order a gimbal from? Also, are there any other gimbals out there that you have tried?

Any help with be much appreciated.

I also plan on moving the guts of my 1.1.1 into a phantom 2 shell.

I have two different gimbals on two different craft. I have the Zenmuse 2D on my F550 and a generic one from Goodluckbuy on my Phantom V1, so i can give you my opinions on the two.

First of all the Zenmuse is considerably more superior build quality and has other features specific for FPV. The Gopro is powered from the main flight battery and therefore less chance of losing video if you're using the Gopro as your flight camera.

The Goodluckbuy gimbal is cruder and heavier but I think it has some advantages over the Zenmuse.
1. It is much cheaper.
2. If anything goes wrong with it it's not such a financial loss.
3. The contoller is open source
4. You can change individual components if they happen to fail. The main board failed on mine but it was just $16 to replace and about 30 minutes to swap and tune.

As for the difference in operation I haven't really noticed any. They both steady the camera well. I may have fitted a Goodluckbuy gimbal to my F550 had it not come as part of package when I built it.

Regards

Nidge

Also, random question. I want to purchase the phantom vision props for my bird, but I don't know where to purchase them. which are the reputable dealers that are actually dji props?

Aside from going with a H3-2D, the Tarot would be the best for money/weight/performance/reliability.
http://www.rangevideo.com/en/gimbals/18 ... 68a00.html
They're currently out of stock, but they re-stock quickly. The reasons I suggest are because they're priced comparable to the Chinese vendors, but they're based in Florida. They've got good customer service and will help you troubleshoot any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31