Which gimbal for Phantom 1

Reaction score
Hi guys , I've got a P1 with an fc40 camera. I'm looking to get a gopro3+ on board instead and want a zenmuse gimbal , however it seems it's not quite a plug and play type thing. Bearing in mind I can just about fit a socket plug , I'm nervous! I really need some advice on what to get as I'm looking at doing promotional videos with it, so want the right equipment.
Thanks

The first gimbal I installed on my Phantom was one of the generic Chinese units. The install was relatively straight forward only requiring a power connection from the main board of the Phantom and a servo cable from the Naza flight controller to the pitch control pins on the gimbal to allow tilting of the camera.

These Chinese gimbals are relatively heavy and will severely reduce flight times. I have since replaced the gimbal with a Walkera G-2d which is considerably lighter and also cheaper than the H3-2D from DJI.

In the UK If intend to use your quad for any form of commercial purpose you will need to hold the appropriate authorisation from the CAA.

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31