Which firmware to choose?

Reaction score
So I am going to roll back the firmware tonight because of the speed loss and was wondering which firmware do you seasoned pilots recommend? 1.3.2 , 1.4.001, 1.5.003, 0r 1.6.004?

I think you can only roll back one release.

Notes: 1. Users are advised to update all the Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware.
2. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.5.30.

It would be interesting to know if you can roll back to the next previous release after rolling back one version. A few people have posed that question here, but I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

So I am going to roll back the firmware tonight because of the speed loss and was wondering which firmware do you seasoned pilots recommend? 1.3.2 , 1.4.001, 1.5.003, 0r 1.6.004?
You have noticed a speed decrease? Is it cold where you fly?
I have seen this mentioned here before, but I was under the impression that the speed was only slowed in cold conditions to assist the battery.

It would be interesting to know if you can roll back to the next previous release after rolling back one version. A few people have posed that question here, but I haven't seen anyone try it yet.
I will try it and let you know. But where would you check the battery firmware?

You have noticed a speed decrease? Is it cold where you fly?
I have seen this mentioned here before, but I was under the impression that the speed was only slowed in cold conditions to assist the battery.
I live on the eastern coast of N.C. I did a flight yesterday morning. It was about 70ish out side. When I came back I throttled up at about 55% battery, and the max mph was 7.

But where would you check the battery firmware?
There is no place to view the currently installed battery firmware. I believe you can only downgrade the Phantom firmware.

Alright v. 1.05 downgraded successfully. About to try 1.4, but before I do I need to know, if I do this and it works, will there be downgrade on the RC firmware too?

Are you certain it wasn't the wind effecting your speed? I did a few flights today and my return time on my last flight was single digits. At first I was a little concerned but when I looked at the flight data the wind had picked up significantly and I just hadn't thought about it. I haven't updated to the latest FW yet.

I don't think the forward flight was effected., just the vertical ascending. It was good until I had drained the pack some and then I noticed the sluggish power that wasn't there before.

I started out with a new P3 Advanced and the latest firmware and found the drone was plenty fast however I have nothing to compare it to. I would never downgrade as the new firmware versions are addressing bugs and issues as they arise.

As a matter of fact my iphone 5s drained faster than the intelligent batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.