Which Filters!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to Aerial Videography and recently purchased a Phantom 3 standard, I'm looking to reduce the lag and introduce a more cinematic motion blur to match 24fps/50shutter on the video. Unsure as to go with a simple ND or Polariser and which strength/brand/product would you recommend based on experience. Also would you recommend purchasing a lens hood to shade from props and glare?

Thanks in advance guys.

James

What do you mean by lag?

Choose a brand/price that you like. Nd8, 16 and 32. I like SRP and they do graduated filters which can work well.

Polariser will drop a few stops of light while giving more punch and less glare.

If your props are in frame no lens hood will help you.

What do you mean by lag?

Choose a brand/price that you like. Nd8, 16 and 32. I like SRP and they do graduated filters which can work well.

Polariser will drop a few stops of light while giving more punch and less glare.

If your props are in frame no lens hood will help you.

Thanks for the advice, The lag Im' reffering to seems to be fairly common with the phantom cameras, whn the drone is flying fairly fast the trees etc seem to jump just a touch almost like its missing a frame or 2 every second. I thought this might have to do with shutter speeds potentially. It just doesnt seem very smooth and wanted to introduce more motion blur.

Can you recommend a filter that may drop the shutter speed enough for this?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic