Which drone to buy?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am getting into the drone game and would like some advice from experienced pilots on which equipment to buy.

I am looking to purchase a drone with sufficient capabilities to stand up a basic drone services business without breaking the bank (I want to explore whether the current technology can easily yield sufficiently accurate results to have commercial potential).

I have had experience with a P4 but am looking into a P4P because of the higher resolution camera and mechanical shutter. I am also planning on using analytical software such as Pix4D rather than DD or MME as it seems to generate more accurate and flexible results (IMO).

Based on the above, which equipment would you recommend? Are the drones alledgedly designed for mapping and inspection requured for someone starting out oran you give it a try with a prosumer drone like the P4P?

Thanks for the replies.

What's your price range...? That's a big factor. 2017 is going to be releasing a lot of new drones from a bunch of up and comers, but you can always go with DJI since they have been proven worthy.

Reactions: microraptor
Budget-wise, I am looking at either +/- $2K for a good prosumer model that would be good enough to yield sufficiently interesting results for commercial applications while remaining affordable enough so that it won't make too big of a hole in the budget if the business doesn't take off.

I would like to know if the above exists. Otherwise, I could be persuaded to spend a bit more for something definitely more professional.

I hope this helps! Thanks in advance

Budget-wise, I am looking at either +/- $2K for a good prosumer model that would be good enough to yield sufficiently interesting results for commercial applications while remaining affordable enough so that it won't make too big of a hole in the budget if the business doesn't take off.

I would like to know if the above exists. Otherwise, I could be persuaded to spend a bit more for something definitely more professional.

I hope this helps! Thanks in advance
For that price, the p4p is ideal. If you like to spend more, then there are more drones that are supposed to be released this year. Check this article out. Scroll all the way to the bottom. It's brand new, so reviews are still lacking. The interchangable micro 4/3 system is intriguing. Another one that has some potential is the voyager 4 from walkera, but again reviews are lacking, so you'll have to dig to get more information on these. Also, if you are already spending $2k, you can go with the inspire 2. Have fun. Let me know which one you end up getting! 2017 will have some great releases, but be careful since it'll be a hit or miss with these new up-and-comers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj