Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Which drone repair shops have you used?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msinger, Sep 19, 2016.

1. msinger

Approved Vendor

I need your help to compile a list of recommended drone repair shops that repair Phantoms. Have you used a shop that's not already on my list of repair shops? If so, please post the shop name, location, and website link below.

Note: I'm looking for shops you feel good about recommending -- and, not shops that should be avoided. We'll save any horror stories for another thread ;)

2. DroneTone

HeliDirect in Malden, MA. Nice guys, easy to chat with and knowledgable. I've used them twice to replace main boards on two Phantom 3 Pros. One time cost $275 the other $350. They claimed the difference was due to one being a W223 model and the other a W223B model. On the first one they also filled the motor mount arm areas with epoxy to prevent stress cracks, free of charge.

3. Great Pumpkin

Dronefly in Thousand Oaks, CA, fixed my P2V over the counter twice following crashes, quickly and effectively. I don't know anything about Dronefly's mail-in repair service. Someone else on this forum had strong words against ever buying anything from Dronefly, but I bought both of mine from them and was quite satisfied with how they helped me be sure everything was calibrated and ready to fly before I walked out the door.

4. Clipper707

I had strong words about using Dronefly for repairs. They fixed my P1 and my P2V+ and did a good job, but I wanted other work done and included a note for them to call me. They never contacted me, they just fixed it sent it back. And charged my card without authorization; they had the number from the P1 repair.

This didn't sit well with me and I started going to Hani at UAV Repairshop after that.

5. Big Gus

DO NOT go to cloud city drones in Warwick Ri. They over charge and replace parts that are not damaged. I sent my P4 in after a hard landing. I replaced the landing gear and it worked fine no problems with calibrating. They said the gear was crushed and replaced it. The camera was damaged also I could see that but to what extent I don't know. When they sent it back I had them send ( the damaged parts) with it.the camera is still good just the mounting plate was bad and nothing wrong with the landing gear, I put it back on and still on today. They did admit to the landing gear and overcharging me on tax and refunded $40 I think. I think that will rip you off any way they can WILL NOT use again!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Big Gus, we're talking about repair shops you would recommend ;)

If you know of any good shops, please feel free to share.