which cell phone system works best?

Reaction score
I have seen various opinions on this but want to ask you guys. I currently have iphone 5 but its time for an upgrade so I can switch. I kind have been kicking around going back to Android for a while now but havent because of my music on itunes. I figure I can always get a second hand ipod for that though. In your opinion what works best for the DJI app? An Android based system or iPhone? I also installed the software on my PC and not my mac.

Welcome to the forum!

You asked which cell phone system works the best. I thought you meant which carrier is the best. But, it seems you want to know whether to upgrade your iPhone or buy an android. If that is your question, I would say iPhone because of the numerous applications that are available.

But, I'm not clear if you mean which is the better functioning phone or which is the better smart phone or do you mean for use as a FPV?

Please elaborate.

Okay, I read your question again. Not having owned a galaxy, I can't give a fair answer. But, in terms of size are you comparing the larger version of the iPhone to the Galaxy? I believe some use an IPad mini, others a 7 or 8" monitor, which are cheap. Or, for the higher end, a Black Pearl monitor and receiver. That's about all I have! I'm sure others will offer more help.

I was asking about which system works the best, iPhone or Android. I don't really care about size, that's an afterthought. I can just bring the transmitter with me and see what works as far as fit.I did all my downloads to my PC because I have read the software runs better with windows and since android is more comparable to windows than iPhone im considering an Android. I'm not asking which phone is better in general I'm asking which system runs the DJI app better between the iPhone and android. I have seen some people say that FPV lags on their iPhone.
I see how my OP is a little confusing lol sorry bout that.

My wife just got a new Galaxy S5, and am I ever jealous. I thought my Galaxy S2 was hot stuff, but now it is ancient. The S5 is just slightly wider than the S2, maybe 1/8 inch, but almost an inch longer.

ccase39 said:
I was asking about which system works the best, iPhone or Android. I don't really care about size, that's an afterthought. I can just bring the transmitter with me and see what works as far as fit.I did all my downloads to my PC because I have read the software runs better with windows and since android is more comparable to windows than iPhone im considering an Android. I'm not asking which phone is better in general I'm asking which system runs the DJI app better between the iPhone and android. I have seen some people say that FPV lags on their iPhone.
I see how my OP is a little confusing lol sorry bout that.

#1 - so you're saying size doesn't matter? ;)
#2 - my experience is - if you like Iphones you will hate androids and vice versa.

My friend and I both at one point or another tried to switch to android from Iphone just for something new... and both felt like we spent more time trying to make the android do what we were used to on the iPhone.

Before I start a religious war - I realize what I am saying here. Android folks feel very similarly to the iPhone folks....

In terms of performance - they both have pro's and con's

I am wondering if the lag is coming from what iphone they have. There is a big difference between and Iphone 4s and and Iphone 6.

I updated the OP to make it more clear. I have had both and am proficient in both and like each system equally. Since its time for a new one I am going to make my choice with the DJI app and using it as FPV in mind as I choose.
If there is absolutely no difference I will still consider both but if one performs better than the other as far as the phantom goes I will choose the one that works best.

Lol@ point #1

I have an iPhone 4 and the lag on FPV was really bad , I use a Samsung S3 and its fantastic, but I use the iPhone for everything else as I don't like android.

Just my 5p worth

crash1sttime said:
I have an iPhone 4 and the lag on FPV was really bad , I use a Samsung S3 and its fantastic, but I use the iPhone for everything else as I don't like android.

Just my 5p worth

I have an iPhone 6 but don't fly the vision... All I can say is having had basically every iPhone model... The six is screaming fast compared to the 4 or 4 s. I would see if you can find someone with each model and give it a try.... I'd be interested to hear whether the latest iPhone or Samsung is faster just out of sheer curiosity,,,

Im curious about anyone using the iphone 6+?? Thats what I have and looking into buying my first phantom very shortly.

XtremePhantom said:
Im curious about anyone using the iphone 6+?? Thats what I have and looking into buying my first phantom very shortly.

I use it. It's nice. Really big FPV screen (for a phone, of course)

JJM said:
XtremePhantom said:

no lag? (both original poster and I are interested... though I am just curious... I have a non-vision).

Buckaye said:
JJM said:
XtremePhantom said:

no lag? (both original poster and I are interested... though I am just curious... I have a non-vision).

None that I've noticed yet.

Hi all, Just got a Phantom V2+ 2 weeks ago, have been using an old iphone 3G with it with bad lag and visibility. Can anyone tell me if the Galaxy S2 will work with the Phantom? Is anyone using one? Thank you, Ed

I use a Galaxy S3 for FPV on my Vision Plus and FC40. Works great!

PsychopathRC said:
I use a Galaxy S3 for FPV on my Vision Plus and FC40. Works great!

The dji manual does say that the Galaxy S3 is supported, but doesn't mention the galaxy S2, but I'm wondering is anyone has tried one.

the dji manual does

:D
I started out with a Samsung S3 which worked well except in the sun. I bought several different shades but could never find anything that really worked in the sun. One thing I just found out, the Find My Phantom 2 Vision app won't switch to google earth on the android. That might make a difference to someone trying to find a lost bird.

What I use now is my iPad mini with a Hoodi. The picture is clear and no lag is noticeable. I've just changed from Sprint back to Verizon and activated my 5S iPhone. This works well, but too small for FPV unless I use my Zeiss Cinemizers. That's my solution for the hot bright sun in my old eyes and really amazing detail!

Here's my Winter setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 430

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.