Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Which batterys are good and fit without mods

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by cralikebm, Feb 12, 2015.

1. cralikebm

Hi i have read the threads on batterys and am unsure which are best i have 2x phantom original batteries and they give approx 10.5 mins flytime with just the fc40 cam on.

I have a Overlander 2900mah battery arriving in the morning so i will repost back how long it lasts it fits in without making any mods and was £30 on ebay.

They also sell the Turnkey 2200mah batterys at £34 for 2.

What other batterys are quite cheap and fit without making any mods? does the maddog etc fit?

Just want another 2 cheap and chearlful batteries so i have 5 all together.

Or if any good bigger capacity batteries that are a reasonable i may consider if i get good flight times.

I dont mind cutting a bit of the door casing but dont want to have to extend the door.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Tallyrver

I did the Multistar 4000 3s mod,all i did was shave a little around the door .just enough to get the battery in. you cant see it with the door closed. i get around 15-17 min ,with gimbal and GoPro size camera. best thing i did besides adding the Mini OSD.

3. cralikebm

Thanks for that have read about multistar but unsure about chopping door as only had 3 days and just incase need to use warrenty, i only have fc40 cam on so light at the moment if had gimbal and gopro i think would do mod.

Could i ask what the mini osd does i have bought a £20 tracker of ebay which weighs 50g i was going to fix it under the body so if have a flyaway i can txt it and get map location and find it. Does the mini osd do this or is it run from the main battery?

Thank you

4. Tallyrver

The mini OSD (on screen display) is one component of Fpv (first person view) it pulls information from the aircraft and sends it via a transmitter to a display screen .

5. kitari

I have the maddog 2700 batteries and they fit just fine without any mods. With new batteries, I got around 14 minutes of flight time, and now after many flights with it, I get about 11 minutes compared to my stock battery which gets me about 8 minutes after close to the same amount of flights. That's with a stock FC40 with camera.