Which bag in you option?

Reaction score
So I ordered and received the DJI hard shell and realized, crap it won't even hold my tablet or prop's which thin I would still need to carry another bag. Looking for options on the best bag to get for my needs.

My goal it to be able to carry all if not most of my gear in. A backpack so I can mountain bike to a location and the fly. Now that is a goal, but might not be realistic being the size of everything.

P3p
Remote
3 batteries
Removable prop guards
Charger
Lanyard
iPad air2
Extra set of props

Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You do not want to carry Remote Controller. Why?

Reactions: Reed L
Lol sorry I meant to include that as well. Nice catch, updated. Just wanted to see if anyone actually reads what I wrote.

I have the hard back pack and am able to fit all except the prop guards. I was carrying them separate about twice until I decided I didn't need the guards. They just got in the way of shots. My iPad slips right behind the top foam piece.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't even pull the top foam to see if I could use that spare. True on the charger, I can leave that at home

With 3 batteries do you really need your charger in the field with you? What would you plug it into?
Correct. In case OP needs a charger, he can carry a Car Charger and store it in Car itself, he won't need a bag.

I have the Go Professional bag for the P3P and I really like it. I was expensive but it has been a great bag. I have also done some hiking with it with no problems. It can hold everything on your list plus three more batteries for a total of 6 (7 if one is in the drone). There are plenty of pockets and it has molle loops for anything else you may want to attach to it. DJI Phantom 3 Backpack Limited Edition Black | GPC, Inc.

I hate the hard shell ones, most of them are branded too so everyone knows whats in it. I haven't tried other bags, but plan to make my own (have the foam ready) as I found most bags only allow you to pack your drone and nothing else, a lot of wasted space when they come with foam too, its not very well planned. I want something I can take with me on a plane with additional items like spare clothing etc.

Any way bit off track but I use this bag, only downfall I see is the drone isn't protected that much if you bashed the bag from the front, other than that I can fit soo much in it. It's a little expensive but I got it in my bundle, and carry a lot much in there! 10 props, a large battery bank, Ipad, Laptop, drone, three batteries with one in drone, fold-able range extender, lanyard, UV/ND lenses, remote, charger, 3 bank adapter and prop protectors fit next to the drone as it has no foam. And I imagine I could fit a fair bit more in there, I just don't have any other accessories :p
[WIKI]https://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID358C79/view[/WIKI]
Once I make my own for travelling, I'll still use this one for my general carry bag for going to locations and on walks etc.

For being retired Military and I have a lot of MOLLE gear, I have the 5.11 pro bag from GPC. Great for hiking, lots of room for prop guards, 7 batteries, tablet, charger, h2o, and you can attach a lot to it.
My gear needs to be rugged and gets bounced around. This bag is perfect.
I side pockets for filters, SD cards, laptop pouch, cellphone/GPS tracker. Holds my P34K in place and doesn't move.
http://flytpath.com/dji-phantom-3-standard-edition-gpc/

I live in Hong Kong and have Chinese friends, so I was able to order off TaoBao. I bought a cheap bag off Amazon and had to have the straps tailored twice after they broke. This is the bag I chose. Based on the comments, its a great sturdy bag with reinforced straps, but smells bad. I will let you know how it works out after I get it. Price is right! About $30 USD.
DJI大疆精灵3/精灵4背包Phantom3四轴飞行器无人机防水抗震双肩包

I just ordered up the GPC 5.11 limited bag. Yeah it's a lot more than I planned to spend on my bag, but it's going to protect and carry everything I need. Makes sense to spend more $$ to protect $$$$. Thanks everyone for all the feedback

That GPC bag looks sweet indeed! If the price were a bit lower I would jump on that one for sure.

Yeah, I own many 5.11 gear from my work pants to the Rush 24 bag. All hold up well. The Rush 72 bag alone costs $133 on Amazon, so only really paying $106 for the custom insert and their logo. I should have it on Tue along with my nice P3P ( missed the FedEx guy, good things it's been raining anyways).

I've been looking for a bag that is:

- Small, needs only to hold the most fragile AC (and maybe also the RC) -- I can stuff the more robust RC, batteries, iPad etc to another generic bag.

- No need to remove the props. No pressure to the props and gimbal inside the bag -- maybe some guides to hold them safe?

- Preferably a soft no-brand backbag form factor. Max 100 euros or so.

I live in Hong Kong and have Chinese friends, so I was able to order off TaoBao. I bought a cheap bag off Amazon and had to have the straps tailored twice after they broke. This is the bag I chose. Based on the comments, its a great sturdy bag with reinforced straps, but smells bad. I will let you know how it works out after I get it. Price is right! About $30 USD.
DJI大疆精灵3/精灵4背包Phantom3四轴飞行器无人机防水抗震双肩包

Update, the bag arrived. As mentioned in the Chinese comments, it has a bit of manufacturing smell to it, but otherwise seems great! It fits the PS3A super snug and has plenty of room for accessories in front pocket. The elastic pockets on the side and loops for hanging any other hiking accessories makes it a pretty good choice in my book. The arm straps are double stitched so I have my fingers crossed that they will last. Build quality seems good, though I don't expect this bag will last more than 2-3 years with the way I hike and travel. One thing to note, while this bag complies with current carry-on sizes for airlines, it *may* be too thick for the new reduced carry on sizes some airlines are implementing. It comes in at 22cm packed. 23 cm is the current airline standard, but some are reducing that to 20cm. You could probably squish it to comply with that size if they get picky at the gate.

Update, the bag arrived. As mentioned in the Chinese comments, it has a bit of manufacturing smell to it, but otherwise seems great! It fits the PS3A super snug and has plenty of room for accessories in front pocket. The elastic pockets on the side and loops for hanging any other hiking accessories makes it a pretty good choice in my book. The arm straps are double stitched so I have my fingers crossed that they will last. Build quality seems good, though I don't expect this bag will last more than 2-3 years with the way I hike and travel. One thing to note, while this bag complies with current carry-on sizes for airlines, it *may* be too thick for the new reduced carry on sizes some airlines are implementing. It comes in at 22cm packed. 23 cm is the current airline standard, but some are reducing that to 20cm. You could probably squish it to comply with that size if they get picky at the gate.
Opps... I meant to Say P3A Phantom 3 Advanced.

There's a knock off hard shell case I've seen for like 30% what DJI sells theirs for. I have the DJI hardcase. It has a spot for the charger and the props. I don't understand how you can't fit that stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4