Which Backpack?

Reaction score
Should I get this soft backpack- Backpack Shoulder Bag For DJI Phantom 2 Phantom 3 Standard Professional Advanced

Or go for a hardshell like this- DJI Phantom 3 Hardshell Backpack Shoulder Carry Case Hard Shell

I want to be able to have a comfortable option that I can bike, hike, and bring around. I want to have plenty of room for extras. The soft one is cheaper which is a +. What do you guys think would be the better option? I want to have plenty of protection and the hardshell probably has the upper hand, but I don't think I'll be dropping either or anything extreme. Also being able to bring each in light train if it gets messy would also be nice.

Thanks.

I had the hardcase but also bought the Lowepro cs 400 which allows for having props on.

It plenty of protection and light considering the size.

IMO the Lowepro is better than the hardshell with much more room. So if the hardshell is an option for you i suggest checking out the cs 400.

Should I get this soft backpack- Backpack Shoulder Bag For DJI Phantom 2 Phantom 3 Standard Professional Advanced

Or go for a hardshell like this- DJI Phantom 3 Hardshell Backpack Shoulder Carry Case Hard Shell

I want to be able to have a comfortable option that I can bike, hike, and bring around. I want to have plenty of room for extras. The soft one is cheaper which is a +. What do you guys think would be the better option? I want to have plenty of protection and the hardshell probably has the upper hand, but I don't think I'll be dropping either or anything extreme. Also being able to bring each in light train if it gets messy would also be nice.

Thanks.
That soft backpack is well made and great value, but it's not designed specifically for the Phantom and getting everything in is a bit tight; but it works well enough for me.

Last edited:

Thanks.

DJI hardshell - really pleased with mine - excellent build quality, etc. That link isn't the DJI one & looks like an El cheapo - could be worth a punt for the price. I've never bought anything from fleabay, ever.

Buy Phantom 3 - Hardshell Backpack | DJI Store

You would be best off by getting a case that has the molded foam. The problem with a universal bag is that if any weight is put on the top or sides of the bag then that weight is transferred directly to your quad and could put stress on the plastic. Not good in my opinion. So of the two options you listed I would go with the second. I looked at them both and chose another because of the lack of positive reviews on the two. I ended up going with a Microraptor pro case. The straps stow away when you carry it as s bag. Also comes with a sling strap. Very happy with the protection it gives as well as some extra room. I have hiked with it as well and it felt comfortable and balanced.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446469361.375098.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446469380.440573.jpg

Reactions: Skypicswa
There are 3 hard shell cases on Amazon ( have gift cards I need to use) Which case would you buy? The DJI model or there are 2 similar types. The DJI costs $142.85, the Cheerwing costs $89.98 and the SSE costs $84.95, I'm leaning towards getting the DJI case

78a0d6ea916ce1f3f4a699e49a39a6e2.jpg

2670ae240aa761b1f6c4d022098e8a8f.jpg

15fb2c5e7ef14d3acdc39ae9fad67f69.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are 3 hard shell cases on Amazon ( have gift cards I need to use) Which case would you buy? The DJI model or there are 2 similar types. The DJI costs $142.85, the Cheerwing costs $89.98 and the SSE costs $84.95, I'm leaning towards getting the DJI case

78a0d6ea916ce1f3f4a699e49a39a6e2.jpg

2670ae240aa761b1f6c4d022098e8a8f.jpg

15fb2c5e7ef14d3acdc39ae9fad67f69.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got me a DJI backpack and i love it! Small and portable

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues