Which backpack/case.. please share opinion!

Reaction score
I'm torn, I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a decent travel case for my P3P but want to stay around $100-$150. Been looking & reading reviews for a bit but wanted to hear from my fellow flyers to help me pick.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially if you own one!
Thank you in advance.

My top 2:

"Upgraded" brand for $80:
0dcdeacdace4774972a4ec20c913628e.jpg

UPGRADED Water Resistant Backpack For DJI Phantom 4/ 3/ 2 Series/ Accessories Compatible| Professional Case/Travel Bag For Your Drone| Lykus Pro Video Equipment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0191S8IGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_B5U6xb8FJ8KYJ

Cons:
Not sure it will fit my laptop & iPad(s).
Appears to only have 2 battery slots

Pros:
$60 cheaper then the Polar Pro.
Designed specifically for Phantom.
Separate RC compartment, with a little spare room for more goodies.
Water resistant, without wrapping it up with a rain sack(which I would probably loose)

Or
Polar Pro for $130:

917bdefbc3ef6647996e9b150c62e6d1.jpg

PolarPro DroneTrekker DJI Phantom 4 Travel BackPack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G73Z2U6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.QU6xbTWCA3Z3

Cons:
$60 more for a very similar pack.
Not 100% sold on the moveable/adjustable liner pads. Seems great to add camera gear, lenses etc but is it REALLY made for the Phantom or just can be "customized" to appear so?
Pros:
Perfect padded slot for my MacBook Air(plus iPads, of course too)

Please weigh in or say "neither because there's a way better option in my price range."

Thanks again all[emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Just Dead huh, not a single interest in at least linking a good review thread? I've seen the well put together list of options, including a very thorough list of accessories, add-on, replacements etc.

I was hoping for personal experience reviews, with real life use by fellow phantom flyers. But if no real interest then I guess I'll just keep reading reviews from random strangers[emoji20]

Between what you listed, I'd go with the trekker. Tons of videos out there with good reviews. After scoring reviews on all kinds of bags, I just purchased the Manfrotto D1. There's a seller on ebay right now that has it for $170/shipped. I know its a bit above your max, but its a recommendation for me. Tons of space and if you check out the reviews on it, you have the ability to place it in the backpack for a quick move from location to location...you'll see what I mean if you check out the videos. But again you can't go wrong with the trekker.

Between what you listed, I'd go with the trekker. Tons of videos out there with good reviews. After scoring reviews on all kinds of bags, I just purchased the Manfrotto D1. There's a seller on ebay right now that has it for $170/shipped. I know its a bit above your max, but its a recommendation for me. Tons of space and if you check out the reviews on it, you have the ability to place it in the backpack for a quick move from location to location...you'll see what I mean if you check out the videos. But again you can't go wrong with the trekker.

Thanks for the input regdawg!! I agree. It's just nice 2 get others' opinions sometimes

Update:
Purchased the LowePro brand DroneGuard backpack & love it!! Was pretty pricey at $240.00 but was fortunate to find a lightly used one on here for $150!!
A bit large overall, as compared to a standard backpack, but really made to fit my Phantom & holds everything I need & more. Really great travel bag/case for my Phantom & I'm happy with my choice. Just wanted to share my opinion & update my post.

I've been in the market for a new backpack for my P4myself. I'm thinking of the PolarPro Drone Trekker or the DroneCrates bag. I've seen a couple videos on the DroneCrates and tons more on the PolarPro. I'm leaning towards the PolarPro because it looks like it will hold more and I found a comparison that said the PolarPro was actually a little shallower than the DroneCrates.

Very happy with my DroneGuard by LowePro so far! Had it for almost a week & really love it, it's perfect[emoji108]. The "active zone" padding allows for great airflow along my back during longer hikes &/or hotter days. It's very durable & rigid which is functional for real life use, I can throw it in my trunk or setup on outdoors without any concerns of damage. Easy to clean too.
https://www.amazon.com/DroneGuard-B...901&sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro+droneguard+bp+450
Keep me posted on the Drone Trekker or DroneCrates, I would like to hear how it works out in actual use....
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic