Which Android DJI App Version?

Reaction score
Just a quick question to all those using android, which seems to be the most stable version of the DJI App 1.0.39 or the 1.0.40?

I did read that 1.0.38 is the best on the P2V, but that does not seem to work properly on the P2V+, for some reason you can't control your pitch on the camera (/up/down).

Just asking guys

Cheers

D

For me running both aircraft I find that 1.0.40 is fine on the plus but rubbish on the P2V which I have reverted back to 1.0.38

Dunno what others have experience of

14vision said:
I had same issue with camera control. 1.0.38 would not allow camera tilt. Going to 1.0.40 fixed the problem.

Thanks for that, I really am just asking as i started off on 1.0.40, but i was experiencing fpv download drop out or the screen freezing at very short distances, like 100ft in the wide open with no other 2.4ghz signals around.

It has been on and off, and i did hear that 1.0.40 maybe glitchy, so i was going to give 1.0.39 a try as I had heard it may of been better.

So just checking.

D

All depends on what aircraft you are flying, there does not seem to be a one app fits all setup which is ridiculous !

4wd said:
Does anyone think the download direct from DJI is different from the one on Play store even though they are named the same?
I found Play store one would freeze briefly, so deleted it and installed the download from DJI and it seemed not do it.

The one on google play is 1.0.40 not sure where you are seeing the DJI app on the DJI site as it's not on my list of downloads for the P2V+ page

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

D

Are we talking about the P2V with app 1.0.40 ?? because it wouldnt work for me so I went back to 1.0.38 but it is OK for the plus !

If people are flying OK with 1.0.40 with the P2V from DJI then I might try that but I still have 1.0.38 as backup

:?

pyrophantom said:
Are we talking about the P2V with app 1.0.40 ?? because it wouldnt work for me so I went back to 1.0.38 but it is OK for the plus !

If people are flying OK with 1.0.40 with the P2V from DJI then I might try that but I still have 1.0.38 as backup

:?

Okay i personally am talking about the P2V+ and which app to use, my apologies i should of stated that.

D

4wd said:
What I did was try the 1.0.39 version then let it update, it appeared to downloaded the update from DJI direct, then asked about security settings to allow installing it.

Okay i see what you are saying now, sounds like the 1.0.39 was more stable for you which are you using, the PV2 or the PV2+ ?

D

It's the V+. I was having some intermittent freezing of the video feed with the .40 version from play store so tried the .39.
It didn't seem any better so I let it update. It downloaded a .apk file from DJi.
Now it seems to run better than the first try with .40 for whatever reason.

4wd said:
It's the V+. I was having some intermittent freezing of the video feed with the .40 version from play store so tried the .39.
It didn't seem any better so I let it update. It downloaded a .apk file from DJi.
Now it seems to run better than the first try with .40 for whatever reason.

Okay bizarre, but thanks for the update mate.

Cheers

D

Okay its interesting but not being a software engineer I have no idea why that would be different.

Basically I flew the P2V with 1.0.39 which most will agree was a shocker !!!

I upgraded it to 1.0.40 and it flew OK a couple of times and since I did the birds firmware update, it has been another shocker for me. I have now reverted back to 1.0.38 and as yet have not had a chance to fly it to make sure it doesnt conflict with something in the latest firmware update.

My P2V+ has run on 1.0.40 since I got it and it seems fine so far.

Dont know about you lot but im getting a little fed up of having problems every time they either do an app update or a firmware update, it upsets one aircraft or the other, it never seems to handle both aircraft in a positive way.

Anyone else flying both aircraft and can share their experience of the apps ?

:roll:

Still just flying the P2V. Stayed away from .39 thanks to a lot of bad experiences shared on this forum. Figured they got it worked out for .40 so did the update. Worked well but like I've seen from others got progressively worse with freezes/drop-outs/problems getting my card to read on other devices. So I went back to .38 and so far so good for the last week or so. It does seem that reinstalling the same app has been a problem solver for many. I may give that a go and see what happens because I did like the 640 30fs view...when it worked!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj