Which Android Device For Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to drones and have the Phantom 4 on order direct from DJI and I am awaiting delivery.

Just have a question as to which Android device would work well with the Phantom 4?

The phone I have is the LG G4, But, I have $189.00 in Newegg credit and would rather have a dedicated device for the Phantom.

I see they have all kinds of Android devices on Newegg. So, What would you folks recommend or not recommend?

Thanks for any and all responses. :)

Reactions: Intrepid97
... that's the same tablet Msinger listed above, just on Newegg. I'd say go with the Shield K1, as it has more powerful hardware, built in screen recording, and HDMI out

Yep -- that's the same tablet I linked above.

Okay I purchased the Asus Google Nexus 7 from Newegg. I would have purchased the Shield, but, Newegg is sold out.

I had the $189.00 credit and figure the Asus will fit my needs for this Phantom 4.

Thanks again for the helpful info :)

Watch out for signal loss with aluminium backed tablets. On my P3P I used a small 8 inch tablet that was plastic backed, and had little interference. But with my P4 and the new 9.7 inch Galaxy Tab S2 with its aluminium backed case it really interferes with the signals. If the P4 is anywhere behind me or straight above it gets really bad. When the screen is set at an angle for best viewing and the P4 is straight above I will loose signal and have to lay the antenna down flat and tilt the screen down and hold the controller higher.

I get really smooth real-time flying video with the Tab S2. It also has a very bright screen setting for sunny days with no need for the sun guard. It is the best Android I have used for flying. I think all aluminium backed tables will have similar issues.

Safe flying all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20