Which 5.8 ghz omni antenna ?

Reaction score
I'm interested in improving my overall performance and reliability both for video and control within 500 yds or so. I'm thinking about the stage 1 mod and also the 5.8 mod so I can use possibly a higher gain omni.

My question is what wouid be the best 5.8ghz omni antenna to upgrade to? I'm not interested in long range but I feel that reception could be improved.

Question answered.
Tony advised me by email that basically it's best to use a directional antenna not an omni. So I think I'll try Stage 1.

I used the TP Link TL-ANT2408CL . Inexpensive, improves distance. Love it. I'm not looking to fly 10 miles. I just like a nice reliable omni. I don't want to be scanning around trying to adjust a directional antenna to get a signal out to my little guy. But it's personal preference.

don't waste your time with omni...
get an LHCP 16dbi antenna... beesst rests ever.
I have tried like 30 antennas of diff types... i posted it up once.. I'll try find..

BEST results ever with this - best $22 ever spent.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-8G-16dBi-L ... 3a97db57de

much better than the flat panel stuff people been using.. yet to loose RC signal... I'll find my pic of some of my antenna's I've tried..

Hey Tony

Just emailed you on your site for a quote about tut something.

Are you saying OPs omni is terribe or my LHCP is terrible for 5.8ghz ?

In a very very very very remote area I had I upto 1400ft with no issues... :}

BTW Tony. I no you have a big shop/site as I was just there, but what antenna do you recommend for the R/C 5.8GHZ control antenl ?? The one I posted above is what I use, but I imagine you have an even better one... if so please let me know... I don't need any kits etc etc... just the 5.8ghz antenna (used for RC control.. NOT FPV)

thanks mate :)

*edit* saw your post - http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=119
Is that what you recommend for RC controller ?? Big 5.8ghz antenna goes on top... and the 2 other antenna's go on the quads ?? is that right ??
Does it include some kind of install instruction. I'm sure its straight forward and can figure out, but yeah just curious :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl