Where's the proof? Drone vs airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In respect to the forest fire planes being grounded due to a drone, I'd just like to know, where's the proof?
One guy says that a single bird can bring down an airplane.
How exactly?
Birds have been known to hit aircraft all the time. A single bird isn't going to bring one down.
When a bird hits the prop, well, there ain't no more bird and the airplane continues flying.
Chances are, the plane wasn't even effected.
A huge flock of birds? Yeah, now that can bring a pane down.
Has anyone ever sacrificed a drone to see what would happen to it when it hits the props or gets sucked into a jet engine?
Of course, that would be done on the ground.
I'll bet there would be nothing left of the drone and little damage to the plane.

As for the fire fighters, hell, just dump a plane load of water over the **** drone.

There's no proof a drone won't bring down a plane. Drones have a metal pieces and LiPo batteries and are not soft like birds.

Even more important: These aren't just regular planes doing regular flights. They're tankers carrying heavy loads at low altitudes trying to deliver with precision. There may be people on the ground whose lives depend on the pilots doing their jobs exactly right. This is inherently dangerous flying, with no recoverable altitude for errors.

When this particular airspace is restricted to recreational hobbyists who get in the way of professionals, I don't find that hard to accept.

Reactions: IflyinWY
This is such a dead horse and last I checked no one here is qualified to asses the risk one way or another. If you want to continue this debate further, take it up in one of the bazillion existing threads.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj