Where's the Outrage for 3.05 Firmware

Reaction score
So where is the campaign by Ianwood and other beta testers for the release of the 3.05 firmware. Oh I guess since you guys got the fix than screw everyone else with the compass problems, j hooking and TBE.
As I have said before DJI can release what they have and make tweaks as they need ! They do it with all their firmware releases.
Let all of us have the 3.05 firmware that want and need it.
Going on 4 months and No release.

Lenny7118 said:
So where is the campaign by Ianwood and other beta testers for the release of the 3.05 firmware. Oh I guess since you guys got the fix than screw everyone else with the compass problems, j hooking and TBE.
As I have said before DJI can release what they have and make tweaks as they need ! They do it with all their firmware releases.

Ignoring the personal insult I will try to explain...
The testers have provided DJI with information based on testing for the declination problem. DJI can not test for the declination problem at their home facility since it is essentially at zero declination so they don't even see the problem. This lead to 3.05 and it's testing shows that it is not ideal. It has an initial drift and JHook but both go away quickly. More annoying to me is that the Course locked at takeoff has a significant error and it does not go away until it is reset in flight.
DJI is coming out with another revision that hopefully will fix these problems and that is expected to go to the testers fairly soon although we don't know a specific date.
Ianwood has explained in another thread that as long as DJI is actively working the problem it is counter productive to go on the offensive. Makes sense to me. No responsible company will release test versions to the public due to the liability. You load an interim version that has a defect that crashes your phantom and you would want compensation. Hopefully the next version fixes it fully, they can then go through the software release process (also explained in another thread) and get all of us updated.
I am sure there are lots of internal firmware updates that never go outside the factory - that is the norm in the software world. In this case they were forced to use outside testers who were at significant declinations.
I wish they would get that ground station like capability released but I can imagine what disasters could happen with a premature release.

Lenny, I've put 1,600 posts on this board, many around this one issue. I've put a lot of work into it. Research, writing posts, test flights, editing video, graphics, dealing with DJI, helping people like you understand what is going on.

And here you are, outraged. How are you helping? When are you going to contribute something other than your outrage? You have some serious nerve to say I am in it for myself. I am sick of the whining. Grow up. Make a constructive contribution or shut up.

John Shaw said:
Ignoring the personal insult I will try to explain...

John, you took the deep breath. I didn't. You're the better man. However, Lenny either can't read or chooses not comprehend what has been explained to him ad infinitum. I am afraid that unless he has some great epiphany, we will be seeing this post from him over and over (despite it's total and utter uselessness) until DJI finally gets the fix out to everyone.

I can understand why DJI has not released 3.05 I thought the problem had been fixed but I had not read through all the threads.
If this problem is not fixed properly then the firmware should not be released. I will happily wait until the issue is completely fixed. I would rather deal with a firmware issue that I can easily correct for then use a beta firmware that just causes more flight issues. Now I am more worried about the battery failure issue, thinking about equipping my P2 with a parachute that only deploys when the quad free falls upside down.

Lenny7118 said:

Where's the outrage? Interesting question. A normal, introspective person driven to ask that question might wonder if the lack of general outrage suggested that their own outrage were, perhaps, misplaced. You don't wonder about that at all though, do you? Your equation is simple: lack of personal gratification equals outrage.

No point complaining about the beta testers anyway - you can't possibly believe that we have any control or influence over DJI's schedule. If you really want to continue whining then I suggest you direct it at DJI who, I'm sure, will treat you with the respect that you deserve.

I'm afraid I'm with Ian on this one - you have contributed nothing useful to this entire subject.

One question for those who were selected to be Beta testers. How would you feel if you had NOT been one of the chosen ones? Might you feel like some of those who are annoyed by how slow DJI is at releasing this??

I can cope with the compass issue but I'd sure love to have that ground station for Vision/Vision+ that DJI promised MONTHS ago. The Beta testers for it are all over the forums with what looks to be great results. I wonder what the hold up is there?? Probably have to buy a Phantom 3 to get the no Hook Software and GS App :?

SilentAV8R said:
"Beat testers"

Freudian slip?

I get the frustration. I really do. And I get that some feel left out. But, it's not a high-fiving, screw the rest party. The people testing the beta are doing just that and they're contributing to the effort on a regular basis. And the beta is not there yet. The un-commanded yaw is pretty bad and it lasts all flight.

And the lack of understanding is sometimes overwhelming. I am not sure people realize that DJI could turn around and say "FU buddy. You bought it that way. I don't need to fix s**t." And it's not like we have a long list of alternative platforms with all the other capabilities this one has and I don't really have the time or inclination to switch at this point.

Anyway, we've gotten DJI this far. I don't think they're going to just stop working on it now. They're going to finish it and hopefully it'll be pretty **** good. And hopefully everyone will have it soon.

If they need another kick in the derrier to get it done, we'll give 'em one but not until they've been given the benefit of the doubt i.e. enough time to work on a new beta. How long is that? None of us are qualified to know. None. My thinking is if they don't cough something up by the end of next week, they'd better have a reason as to why. That seems reasonable.

SilentAV8R said:
One question for those who were selected to be Beat testers. How would you feel if you had NOT been one of the chosen ones? Might you feel like some of those who are annoyed by how slow DJI is at releasing this??

Well I can answer that, since I was not one of the first wave of beta testers. I was pleased that there were volunteers who were willing to put time and effort into fixing this problem, and I hoped that the process would achieve results. Remember that the testers were selected for their constructive participation in trying to figure out the cause of the issue, even before there was a response from DJI, or any indication that there would be a beta test program.

We still do not have a robust fix, and I'm also annoyed that this is taking DJI so long, but I see no point in continually whining about it.

As I have said from the beginning, I have no problem with the beta not being released and am happy that it is being tested to make sure it is working. I do however think it was a mistake to ease up on the campaign just because they gave us... you... a beta. Keeping the pressure applied would only help the cause by making sure it was kept at the top of their priority list.

As this beta "testing" now goes from weeks to months, and as everyone sits around waiting for a so-called second beta, can we at least now discuss ramping up again? Or are we still scared we will make them upset?

ianwood said:
Lenny, I've put 1,600 posts on this board, many around this one issue. I've put a lot of work into it. Research, writing posts, test flights, editing video, graphics, dealing with DJI, helping people like you understand what is going on.

And here you are, outraged. How are you helping? When are you going to contribute something other than your outrage? You have some serious nerve to say I am in it for myself. I am sick of the whining. Grow up. Make a constructive contribution or shut up.

I think "Lenny" just likes to ***** and complain, sounds like an 8 year old :roll:

I love that people ***** and moan that DJI haven't yet released this or that fix, then the same people ***** and moan when the software comes out without enough testing having been done.

I'd rather wait a few months and have a solid, FULLY TESTED, firmware than have DJI just go "Meh, it'll be good enough" and punt it out of the door.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl