Where will you purchase your Mavic?

What are the Odds that I get my Mavic before I go on my trip on the 30th of October? I per-ordered on the 27th and my payment has been processed but don't have a shipping date.

wondering if its worth to order the dji care refresh. like if the mavic falls in the ocean because battery failure, prop broke or whatever (and is irretrievable), do they replace it ? ;-)

Yeah, I too was thinking about it, but some of the language in the agreement sounded kind of squishy.

"DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use."
DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned aircraft.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for remote controller and modification accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
11) Damage resulting from circuit restructuring not in accordance to manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
12) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

I'm buying through Apple just so I can take it back if anything is wrong with the unit. It will cost me an extra $70 to $95 for sales tax, though.

Ordered my bundle from Heliguy here in the UK.
Not dealt with them before, but only heard good about them.
Spoke on the phone first, said the first batch of 250 had already sold over half of them since it was announced.
Just need to sell my p3a now......:-(

Thanks,

if I order from one of these dealers through Amazon, would regular Amazon return policy apply if there is anything wrong with the the copter? I just want to protect myself in case DJI releases rushed product that is more trouble then it's worth.
Yes, 30 days, but they have you work with DJI directly. Unless you ordered the one showing through Amazon Prime, where you can return in 30 days and Amazon will pay return shipping if it's defective.

Shipping time today

45 days and counting...

upload_2016-10-3_22-11-26.png

What are the Odds that I get my Mavic before I go on my trip on the 30th of October? I per-ordered on the 27th and my payment has been processed but don't have a shipping date.

not to sure you will have it by the 30th. I ordered mine on the 27th as well and was told it wont ship until 11/1. You can find out when yours will ship if you reach out to DJI customer support directly. Best of luck!

which is what place?

Carolina dronz
I was told the week of Oct. 17th, they will have 100 bundle kits and 50 regular coming in. From the numbers they gave me looks like 70% have been sold already.

Maybe, for those who are getting Nov. shipment and want it quicker, its best to grab one in stores?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ordered mine today. E ZEE ELECTRONICS (an authorized DJI seller) via Amazon Prime, so I get the 30 day return.

Any one ordered from Adorama? I ordered on 28th and it didn't tell me when is the estimated shipping date.

I ordered from the DJI Store. The good thing about it is the money all goes to them. They built and designed it and THEY deserve it. :)

I tried to pre order on DJI's store during the presentation but it had crashed.. I bet there was a ton of people preordering.. I ended up buying on Amazon.. It said estimated delivery between November 1st and November 17th ugh.. If it is being released on Oct 13th, wonder why so much longer.. The seller was DJI as well on Amazon..

What sucks is, I didn't know this was coming out and recently bought a Phantom 4 from Best buy.. Missed the return date by 2 days.. spent $1534 for 2 extra batteries, props and a bigger SD card.. Oh well..
Find a Best Buy store manager who wants to help (they are rare, but you only need one!) and ask them to let you return it to place a pre-order for the Mavic with extra batteries, with a store credit for the difference. They have lots of discretion, but most think their job as manager is to enforce the rules, rather than use their discretion to help a customer. If you don't succeed at first, go to a different store, or when a different manager is on duty at the same store. Don't give up trying until you get to yes! It worked for me, trading in a P3P for a P4 last year, a full 3 months after I bought the P3P, when my return period at the time was 15 days! :cool: Good luck!

Best Buy here since I had to take two P4's back for the third good one. Take in the bad, and walk out with the new. Simple.

I don't like playing mail exchanges, RMA, emails, calls, and waiting. I need to deal with a laptop warranty issue and now was informed by the manufacturer that the defective part (keyboard) will take a month for it to return. Plus I have to pay the $45 for shipping it to them.

I expect there will be issues with the new Mavic release too much like any expensive camera or software that has bugs, and maybe some hardware update in six months once in the field (cough..nikon).
Plus you have a full 30 days to return at Best Buy as an Elite member!

wondering if its worth to order the dji care refresh. like if the mavic falls in the ocean because battery failure, prop broke or whatever (and is irretrievable), do they replace it ? ;-)
Nope! No water damage coverage, and no coverage without recovery!

Ebay expedited shippIng 30-6oct
aa5ffb3baa2520220e7d9c94d7c20b1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Wondering if you will be receiving yours very soon or is it just a tease.
My guess and hopes for you is they missed reading the instructions on when they were allowed to ship if they received their batches early..

Or maybe they just made the shipping label, so you would go on forums and tell how fast they shipped their units, so more people will buy from them..but they wont send it before the XX date. :p

Reactions: edoginasia
Just ordered mine from Apple with Apple Pay to pick up in store. Sold my P3 to a photography student for $500.

Just ordered mine from Apple with Apple Pay to pick up in store. Sold my P3 to a photography student for $500.
I sold mine for $720 with 4 battery total
a bag, but it was cheaply made
set of brand new DJI props
and 3 sets of carbon fiber props
P3A

Last edited:
Mavic Pro $999 or £999 if you're in the UK (which I am). Seems unfair to me, current currency conversion makes $999 £783. But if I order from a US seller like Amazon, I'll get hit with import duty, yes? Anyone ordered high value items from the US shipped to the UK? I've read you can get Amazon to send the item marked as a gift which avoids import duty, but that may well just be the internet talking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic