Where will you purchase your Mavic?

Are you guys purchasing the bundle or the 999$ package? This will be my first drone so I want to make sure I buy what I meet to, and not buy what I don't. Thanks
Me too. I just want the extra batteries extra playtime. I highly doubt it if i would use the pouch or adapters in the bundle.

Seems somewhat fitting that my first digital camera was a Mavica (Sony). Now I await the arrival of my latest digital camera, the Mavic.
I sold my P3S on 9/26 with the intention of upgrading to a P3A. Then after the release the next day I had some thinking to do. Get a two generations old quadcopter or get the latest model.
I ordered mine through DJI's online store today.

Screenshot_20160929_163807.png

Not sure what this means... Eta October 4

DJI says they will be shipping mid to late October. Apple declares the Mavic will be available early November. I'm just afraid that like the Phantom 4, Apple will begin selling the Mavic early, out of their retail stores mid October. About the same time DJI is shipping.
I don't mean to sound harsh but why buy from DJI?
It being a new model, why not buy from a retail store where you can return it and get it replaced immediately rather than getting a repair order and shipping things back and forth from the manufacturer?
I am not anti DJI- I love their products, their R&D, and their imaginative thinking. Just trying to understand why people purchase the products where and when they do.
This just all seems more important when you order early, and wait impatiently for the delivery man. I understand just "chilling" is probably called for.

I tend to agree with you because that is exactly what happened to me last time as well. DJI hadn't even shipped mine and, in fact, were about two weeks from shipping it...while the Apple Store had the product right there on their shelf. Luckily I was able to cancel my order and run down to the Apple Store. But I took a chance this time to save the taxes. This time they clearly mentioned Apple wouldn't have them until November whereas with the P4, they released all at the same time and I suspected they were going to try to coddle Apple and their exclusive deal by taking care of the Apple customers first. It turned out I was right but I didn't follow my gut. So here we go again and I hope I'm not making the same mistake. This time things will hopefully be different.

But I also agree, aside from saving taxes, purchasing from a brick and mortar has its advantages when you have any problems. And Apple is great about exchanging product long after the expiration date. Well, I hope I don't regret my decision.

Personally I'll hold until actual release day. Its impossible to tell which reseller (incl. DJI) will ship in time and which will actually have them first. Worst case: I wait a lil longer. Best case: I get it right away. Other cases: people find major flaws on release day that I'll avoid ;-)

Not their fault, it's DJI's doing. DJI knows how many are produced and where they are sent.. but are not communicating it.

Where exactly does it say 3 "extra" batteries??
It says - Includes: MAVIC, Controller, 3 Batteries, 3 pairs of Props, Car Charger Cable, 4 port charging HUB and Carry Bag.
So it's just the normal kit that sells for $1299 isn't it?

The $1299 kit comes with 3 batteries. At least that is what is shown on all the web sites. Have a look at the photo of the $999 kit. The 1 included battery is sitting in the Mavic. Now have a look at the $1299 kit. Again there is 1 battery in the Mavic + 2 extra ones shown. Anyone who orders the $1299 kit from any retailer should get 3 batteries. I could be wrong, but that's what the photo is showing.

The $1299 kit comes with 3 batteries. At least that is what is shown on all the web sites. Have a look at the photo of the $999 kit. The 1 included battery is sitting in the Mavic. Now have a look at the $1299 kit. Again there is 1 battery in the Mavic + 2 extra ones shown. Anyone who orders the $1299 kit from any retailer should get 3 batteries. I could be wrong, but that's what the photo is showing.
Why did you quote me?? I'm saying exactly what you are.
Heykool69 is the one who thinks they have 4 batteries in total with the $1299 version.

Alright I jumped on the Mavic. I will say the first videos scared me away for a second. Went with Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Ordered via Apple - why are they saying november for shipping date while all the other vendors say october?
Thought apple would be able to ship earlier :-(

Ordered via Apple - why are they saying november for shipping date while all the other vendors say october?
Thought apple would be able to ship earlier :-(
apple is going to have stock later november 2

I also read a lot of posts saying they delivered after apple did when phantom 4 was released

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Having pre-purchased my Phantom 4 from DJI, having received it AFTER it was available to the public at the local Apple store, where I will purchase the new Mavic is a no brainer.
With DJI's customer service problems, with Apple's great customer service policies, I can't understand why anyone (assuming they have a local Apple store) would purchase the new Mavic from DJI.
Your opinions?
I own an Inspire 1, a Phantom 1, and a Phantom 4. Like the smaller, more portable drones. Think the Mavic's going to be a winner.
Order my Droan's from Featured Products
Peter is great to deal with.

Is Amazon an authorized DJI dealer? I know a lot of authorized dealers are selling through Amazon, but if it's sold by Amazon itself with Prime shipping, is it authorized? I don't see Amazon listed as a dealer on DJI's site, which is ironic since they list Amazon storefront links for countless other dealers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj