Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Where will you purchase your Mavic?

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by Fritz Harrold, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Fritz Harrold

Having pre-purchased my Phantom 4 from DJI, having received it AFTER it was available to the public at the local Apple store, where I will purchase the new Mavic is a no brainer.
    With DJI's customer service problems, with Apple's great customer service policies, I can't understand why anyone (assuming they have a local Apple store) would purchase the new Mavic from DJI.
    Your opinions?
    I own an Inspire 1, a Phantom 1, and a Phantom 4. Like the smaller, more portable drones. Think the Mavic's going to be a winner.

whitey66 likes this.
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

I've purchased many drones from DJI. I've never had a problem. Amazon has worked out well for me too.

filmalaska likes this.
  3. Wavfact

I tried to pre order on DJI's store during the presentation but it had crashed.. I bet there was a ton of people preordering.. I ended up buying on Amazon.. It said estimated delivery between November 1st and November 17th ugh.. If it is being released on Oct 13th, wonder why so much longer.. The seller was DJI as well on Amazon..

What sucks is, I didn't know this was coming out and recently bought a Phantom 4 from Best buy.. Missed the return date by 2 days.. spent $1534 for 2 extra batteries, props and a bigger SD card.. Oh well..

4. kmaluo

Amazon here. They're really accommodating if you have issues with a 3rd party seller

5. Wavfact

kmaluo, what was your estimated delivery dates?

6. Fritz Harrold

DJI says they will be shipping mid to late October. Apple declares the Mavic will be available early November. I'm just afraid that like the Phantom 4, Apple will begin selling the Mavic early, out of their retail stores mid October. About the same time DJI is shipping.
    I don't mean to sound harsh but why buy from DJI?
    It being a new model, why not buy from a retail store where you can return it and get it replaced immediately rather than getting a repair order and shipping things back and forth from the manufacturer?
    I am not anti DJI- I love their products, their R&D, and their imaginative thinking. Just trying to understand why people purchase the products where and when they do.
    This just all seems more important when you order early, and wait impatiently for the delivery man. I understand just "chilling" is probably called for.

Joe Glenn likes this.
  7. msinger

Approved Vendor

Most people do not have to return their brand new drones to be repaired. So, this is not an issue most people will be faced with. Plus, most retail stores charge tax.

KidKobe210 likes this.
  8. GMack

Best Buy here since I had to take two P4's back for the third good one. Take in the bad, and walk out with the new. Simple.

I don't like playing mail exchanges, RMA, emails, calls, and waiting. I need to deal with a laptop warranty issue and now was informed by the manufacturer that the defective part (keyboard) will take a month for it to return. Plus I have to pay the $45 for shipping it to them.

I expect there will be issues with the new Mavic release too much like any expensive camera or software that has bugs, and maybe some hardware update in six months once in the field (cough..nikon).

GadgetGuy likes this.
  9. kmaluo

My Amazon order shows Oct 25th to Nov 2. Ships directly from DJI. New orders showing a a few days later now.

10. alengman

Ordered mine from Amazon as well. Thought it was from DJI direct but it's from edigitalUSA. Estimating shipping is between oct 25th and Nov 2nd. Applied for Amazon card and received 70 bucks off. I'll just pay off the credit card once it comes in. No tax and free shipping. Ordered the bundle version too! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

11. calvin_jan

Ebay expedited shippIng 30-6oct[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

12. zobiwu

wondering if its worth to order the dji care refresh. like if the mavic falls in the ocean because battery failure, prop broke or whatever (and is irretrievable), do they replace it ? ;-)

13. Bob N

I ordered thru DJI. Got the combo plus another battery and the refresh. I've not had problems with DJI customer service on my Phantom 3 Advanced.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

14. Wavfact

When ordering thru Amazon, the refresh for $99 wasn't available.. :( My seller was the "DJI Offical Store" so I just did the c="contact seller" and asked about it..

15. msinger

Approved Vendor

DJI Care Refresh cannot be purchased on Amazon. After you receive your Mavic, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh here on DJI's website. You must do that before or within 48 hours of activating your Mavic.

16. Wavfact

+1 for msinger! Thanks!

17. whitey66

I'm in regional NSW area in Australia and the nearest retailer of the Mavic is the Canberra Apple Store (about 140Kms from me) the nearest Authorised DJI dealers are in Sydney (350Kms from me).
    So i'm buying one from Apple for the reasons you mention above. Our consumer laws say that the warranty is with the retailer, not the manufacturer so I think buying from Apple seems to be the best option for me for sure. They have free postage as well, so I don't have to drive 4 hours to pick it up.

Edit: Apple Store only takes $1 deposit for pre order which is great.

#17 whitey66, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  18. whitey66

I'd hardly think so, i'm pretty sure you'd have to return the "remains" to them.
    If you didn't, unscrupulous people would just say they lost it to get a spare or 2 to keep or sell.

19. ChaneRZ

Ordered mine at DJI and used my DJI Credit too.

20. Jfxmedia

Hey there. What time did you place your order for your mavic ? I also ordered from there, waiting for an email

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using PhantomPilots mobile app