Where to purchase new P3 ONLY (no remote etc...)

Reaction score
I had a fly away yesterday and crashed hard. My P3 advanced is a complete loss. Body is cracked, camera lens busted, gimbal snapped off, three of four props busted. But I don't want to drop the full $1000 since I don't need a controller. Can I buy a P3-A by itself??

I had a fly away yesterday and crashed hard. My P3 advanced is a complete loss. Body is cracked, camera lens busted, gimbal snapped off, three of four props busted. But I don't want to drop the full $1000 since I don't need a controller. Can I buy a P3-A by itself??

at this point you might be best just picking up a used P3A with controller. I saw a couple in the classifieds for $750 shipped

DJI's sell the aircraft body and camera/gimbal separately. But, it'll be less expensive to buy a new P3A and sell your remote controller.

Last edited:
It would be really cool if they did sell a BNF version.

Many of us would be more tempted to pick up a 2nd or 3rd unit.

How much do remotes sell for? Why in the world does anyone even want a P3 remote?

Have you determined what caused the fly away?

I have no idea, I had only been in the air for about 2 minutes (~85% bat), props were on tight, sky was sunny, winds calm-5mph. When I lost control it sounded like the motors were over-revving. It sounded like a gas powered model plane was buzzing by me. I was able to keep it about 90ft altitude and in the general area of a small pond in case it went down so it wouldn't hurt any people/ property. Then after about 30 seconds it made a high speed acceleration directly at the ground. Hit the ground about five feet from the water at probably 50-60 mph. The parts were all lying about 10-12 ft apart. I had successfully calibrated the compass just before flying. After doing some research, it sounds like this happens sometimes with NO explanation!

It would be really cool if they did sell a BNF version.

Many of us would be more tempted to pick up a 2nd or 3rd unit.

How much do remotes sell for? Why in the world does anyone even want a P3 remote?

Yeah I'm not sure if that other guy understood my correctly, I have a perfectly good remote control, batteries, charger etc... I just want to buy a new P3A aircraft, and that's it. I don't need the other stuff

I have no idea, I had only been in the air for about 2 minutes (~85% bat), props were on tight, sky was sunny, winds calm-5mph. When I lost control it sounded like the motors were over-revving. It sounded like a gas powered model plane was buzzing by me. I was able to keep it about 90ft altitude and in the general area of a small pond in case it went down so it wouldn't hurt any people/ property. Then after about 30 seconds it made a high speed acceleration directly at the ground. Hit the ground about five feet from the water at probably 50-60 mph. The parts were all lying about 10-12 ft apart. I had successfully calibrated the compass just before flying. After doing some research, it sounds like this happens sometimes with NO explanation!
That's crazy. I've heard this before and it freaks me out. Makes me not want to fly lol

Better idea, send it to DJI and have them send you a new one. That is what I did. They will replace it if it is your 1st time for service at DJI.

From DJI;
Your Phantom 3 Advance has been inspected by the repair department. As a one time courtesy to expedite the repair process your craft has been replaced with a new unit. Any miscellaneous items like extra batteries, straps, SD cards or other personal items will be returned to you along with the new craft.
If you sent the unit without a transmitter please refer to the user manual for instructions on rebinding. Please update the firmware of the craft prior to flight. Any questions follow the link to the user manual.

Reactions: B- Scene Films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31